Newly Diagnosed at 27!

16 years 4 months ago #12124 by Landon
Newly Diagnosed at 27! was created by Landon
I have been lurking the forums here for several months, however have just now gotten the courage to tell my story!

All the reading that I have done has been very helpful and has been great to help ease my mind.

Here is my story:

I am a 27 year old male, non-smoker that has just recently been diagnosed with the dreaded bladder cancer!

As you guys can imagine this came as a total shock to myself, my wife, and our families. Each of you guys know the feelings that go along with finding out such a diagnosis.

My wife and I went out for our 2nd Anniversary, but before the fun could begin, I had to make a stop in the restroom to relieve myself of the glass of wine we had just drank. As I urinated, I noticed some serious blood issues that couldn't be mistaken or ignored! I immediately left the restroom and told my wife what had happened. Being a guy, it worried me, but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, being that it was our Anniversary. The wife insisted that we make a trip to the emergency room, where they ran several tests, CT scan, etc., and determined that it was a urinary tract infection. They told me to follow up with a urologist,,,,,,,,,if I wanted to.

Long story short, I went to see the urologist, and he scheduled a poke and peek, where he discovered a tumor in the bladder. Low and behold, pathogy report returns the verdict that no-one expected. "Low Grade, Non-invasive Trasitional Cell Carcinoma of the Bladder". The tumor was staged as stage 0.

Beyond the initial shock of finding out this information, and the new addition to the family (our first born, beautiful girl), the stress levels were riding high!

It has since been 2 and a 1/2 months since the initial finding, and I am scheduled for another bladder scope in early January. No treatments were given, due to the pathology results, and preventive measures are being taken.

I just wanted to share my experience with others, and hope that some of you guys out there have some encouraging words!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne