Newly Diagnosed at 27!

16 years 3 months ago #12356 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Newly Diagnosed at 27!
My Doctor prescribed "Prosed" for the burning. I think I tried it one time and it seemed to help. The burning seemed more tolerable. I still had bleeding though.

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #12350 by michstate89
Replied by michstate89 on topic Newly Diagnosed at 27!
Joe,

I have not taken anything for the burning. Since it is only for a few hours so far, I just wait it out at home (I don't make any plans to go anywhere). I am fortunate in that I only live about 5 or 6 miles from the hospital (where I get the BCG in the outpatient oncology unit). My wife has suggested that I ask the doctor, but I always seem to forget this question when I am in his office. My reaction to the BCG seems to be getting worse (better?), so I am going to try to remember when I see the uro in Feb.

Ross

Ross M
TaG1 March 06
Recurrence Jan 07
BCG Maintenance after 6 week treatment

16 years 3 months ago #12343 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic Newly Diagnosed at 27!
Ross thanks, Did you take anything for the burning? Was it intense?

Joe

16 years 3 months ago #12318 by michstate89
Joe,

From what I have read, you will get as many different answers to how people respond to BCG as there are people that have had BCG. My experience for the first 6 weeks was not too bad. I did not have flu symptoms at all, and no burning until the 4th installation. The burning only lasted for a few hours. After my last maintenance installation, I did have a slight fever and the burning lasted about 8 hours - I try to get the treatment in the late morning so I am ok at bed time. I also notice sloughed-off tissue when I void for several hours afterwards, as well.

Hope this answers any questions you might have. Maybe someone else will respond as well.

Ross

Ross M
TaG1 March 06
Recurrence Jan 07

16 years 3 months ago #12317 by michstate89
Landon,

Good luck with your upcoming cysto. My blood pressure measures a little higher on office visits that I am having a cysto - hoping for a negative result and fretting over the procedure. But with time I now stress less about the procedure and worry less about what "might" be found, particularly since I know the procedure if I have to have another TURBT and have had a couple of clear cystos in a row.

Some people go without recurrence, others have multiple recurrences (nuisance tumors), but keep in mind there is a very small progression rate from superficial to invasive.

Stay positive, focus on your family, and follow your doctor's cysto protocol.

Ross

Ross M
TaG1 March 06
Recurrence Jan 07

16 years 3 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #12266 by egtmcsq
Replied by egtmcsq on topic Newly Diagnosed at 27!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne