Newly Diagnosed at 27!

16 years 2 weeks ago #15599 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Newly Diagnosed at 27!
Landon,

I just said a prayer for you.

Wishing you the best possible outcome,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 weeks ago #15598 by Landon
Replied by Landon on topic Newly Diagnosed at 27!
Well.....Here we are again at the 3 month cystoscope!

I will have this scope done in the O.R. since it was only six months ago when the original tumor was discovered and biopsied. If all goes well, and I believe and have faith that it will, this will be 6 months with no recurrance!

I hope that everyone else is doing well.

I will keep you guys updated once Thursday's scope is over with. Your prayers are appreciated.

16 years 2 months ago #14074 by vervidj
Replied by vervidj on topic Newly Diagnosed at 27!

The burning, I assume you mean when urinating and if so I was given a doctors script for pain pills which discolored the urine to a orangish color. Pills for about 5 days. The burning lasted 1-2 days. Pain so it made me not want to urinate at all. Of course I drank alot of water for days. Hope this helps - it does not last forever was my thought.

Don

16 years 2 months ago #14073 by vervidj
Replied by vervidj on topic Newly Diagnosed at 27!
Landon,
I am 55 now and at 52 I had the same,(I never smoked) blood in the urine, went to family doc. first and treated as infection. Months later went back to family doc. - then referred to urologist. I had 3 tumors surgically removed in the hospital. Two weeks later in doctors office cysto found 1 more small tumor which was hidden behind one of the three others...that was removed in office. Total if placed side by side would be approx. 10 cm. WOW Had 18 BCG treatments over 15 months and with NO REOCCURANCE. Path report was non-evasive superficial. I am now on the 6 month plan to visit the doctor for cysto after 3rd year.
I am very comfortable with my doctor - which means alot. My wife did alot of research online which she is great at -- make a list of your questions to ask your doctor thats what he is there for /and of course this web site it has been very helpful. I feel very good now and I'm sure you will. Think positive over time will help. The more you understand the whole process in our sitution I do believe will help through this stage, it did for me...
Don

Don

16 years 2 months ago #13688 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Newly Diagnosed at 27!
Ben,

I have created a thread for you under Superficial Bladder Cancer called, "shock from cysto." I am hoping tht you will get your own feedback there.

Hey, Landon!!!

Regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 2 months ago #13604 by Landon
Replied by Landon on topic Newly Diagnosed at 27!
Ben,

Thanks for the uplifting story. Over the last few months, especially since my last cysto, I have really not thought much about it. I have begun to realize that there is not much worrying is going to do! I try to not even think about it, and realize that this is something that I am going to have to deal with for forever. Your story is a positive one, and I hope to have much of the same results.

Thanks.

Landon

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne