Journey for bladder removal.

16 years 2 months ago #13711 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Journey for bladder removal.
Pat,
Yes by all means be careful driving. I hope our talk helped you""BE NOT AFRAID"and just get thru this process. Of course we all worry but as you get thru each step its comforting to see your making it thru. Remember after surgery he will be very dry and thristy, stand by with the wash cloths and ice chips. Other than that we will all pray he gets thru this, which I know he will, and he will be where we were in Sept., 'walking thru recovery'. Take care, I have your number and you have mine, I am here any time for you!!! Ginger Beane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13710 by Heenan
Replied by Heenan on topic Journey for bladder removal.
My thoughts and prayers will be with your husband and you this week. My dad had r/c on January 31. His surgery went very well. He also has the outside bag (i/c.) He is having some problems with the i/c and leakage, but from what I have read (and the great posts from Ginger and others)...this will solve itself with time.

Please be careful driving to Rochester, MN...I am in Des Moines, IA right now and we are getting hit with a whopper of a snow and ice storm...we thought we would be returning back to Omaha today, but it looks like we will be staying here an extra night. I hope the roads will be better by the time you get up this way-be careful.
Barb Heenan

"Live a good life...and in the end it is not the years in a life, but the life in the years."
*Abraham Lincoln

16 years 2 months ago #13709 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Journey for bladder removal.
Pat,

Good luck on your journey, and our very best for your husband's speedy recovery from surgery. Our thoughts will be with you.

Kindest regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 2 months ago #13708 by justme
Journey for bladder removal. was created by justme
My husbands journey for his RC starts tomorrow. We will start our travel to Rochester, Mn in the morning sometime. It's an 800 mile trip from here so we will be taking our time. We find we arrive in much better shape if we do it in three days instead of two so that's what we will do.

His app't with the stoma nurse is Thrusday and then he will also see the doctor on Thurs and he will have his surgery on Friday. We are ready for this to be over. He will have the outside bag.

I will try to come and post but if I don't make it I'm going to keep in contact with Ginger, bless this lady. She I'm sure will post for me if I can't.

We will be glad to share our experience when we have gone through it.

Thanks everyone for being here for us.

hugs to all
just me pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne