Journey for bladder removal.

16 years 2 months ago #13933 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Journey for bladder removal.
That is wonderful news Pat! Get some rest...The big day is over!

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13930 by justme
Replied by justme on topic Journey for bladder removal.
Just a quick update.

The surgery is over and he's resting comfortably. He has a little sickness to the stomach and they have given him something for that and it's working.

So this surgery day is down and Oh, almost forgot the good news!!! Can ya tell I"m tired?

The cancer was confined to the bladder and now he is 100% cancer free. Thank you Lord!

be back later.
pat

16 years 2 months ago #13882 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Journey for bladder removal.
Pat,
So far so good!!! Glad your sailing along...remember its hard to explain put the wait is worse than the surgery....take care, and let us know how it goes,,Ginger

16 years 2 months ago #13879 by justme
Replied by justme on topic Journey for bladder removal.
Pre surgery day today.

We saw the stoma nurse first. After that Deverne seemed more relax and not as anxious.

We saw the doctor next and Deverne didn't even ask if this was necessary so I knew he's ok with it.

He's resting now for the big "wash out" as he calls it.

thanks for all the thoughts and prayers
pat

16 years 2 months ago #13799 by harry s
Replied by harry s on topic Journey for bladder removal.
We can echo the sentiments of others regarding the wait being difficult. Although Harry had a rough road in the hospital, he is doing well and almost finished with his after susrgery chemo. We will keep you in prayer for travel safety and through the surgery and recovery. Margot and Harry

16 years 2 months ago #13794 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Journey for bladder removal.
Pat,
All wonderful thoughts from our fellow b/c friends, and believe them when they say the wait is worse than the surgery itself. I know how you feel, we only had a 35 minute drive at 4 am to the Cleveland Clinic, we both cried all the way with periods of silence in between. We had a 3 car caravan with our children and family, listened to the album "LOVE" from the beatles show in Vegas, only to repeat our trip recently and see the show again. Co-incidently at 4am a small Ford suv passed us with a tire cover on the back that said "BEATLES" How weird! So you see, life does go on, and returns to what once was, only with a new outlook. Remember , Don't be scared, Be prepared,,,Love, Ginger

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne