Journey for bladder removal.

16 years 2 months ago #13982 by justme
Replied by justme on topic Journey for bladder removal.
His goals set for him yesterday were 3 times in chair and walk 5 times. All those were met and he walked farther each time. today he might make the whole hallway.

I think Arlen is with him as the first walk he kept saying "i can't do this" and then all of a sudden he said "just a bump in the road" something we heard Arlen say many times. and off he went. (Arlen is is brother that died in Nov of cancer)

Today he will be required to walk more and sit more and then he also has that breath thing to use which he is good at using.

Last night the doctor told him it's up to him now as they've done their part and now it's is turn and that seem to give him a boost to walk more.

thanks again for all the prayers.
love
pat

He had 32 nodes removed and the reports not in on those yet.

I don't know if he had the roboctic surgery but if I'm there when the doctor is I will ask if I remember.

hope everyone else is taking it one day at a time, only way to do this.

Hopefully will have time to read later.

love you guys
pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13980 by harry s
Replied by harry s on topic Journey for bladder removal.
Wonderful news. Our prayers are with you for a smooth recovery. Margot and Harry

16 years 2 months ago #13962 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Journey for bladder removal.
Hello,

Mayo's is where I had my RC/neobladder done robotically, at ST Marys by Dr Blute. The surgical care could not have been better. Mine was Mid March last year - middle of blizzard season :)
ANd the Pannakuken restraunt is something else - on the main drag. If you get a chance = their Barnes and Nobles is is a rich historic building - something to see.
Get well soon - God Bless, Holly

16 years 2 months ago #13950 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Journey for bladder removal.
That is great news, Pat! Did he have the robotic surgery? I think I heard they are doing that at Mayo. How was the road? Are you going to be snowed in? Have you found the "quiet room" they have there? My husband says it's a great place to go and relax. They have comfy blankets, and couches.

And Pannecochen (spelling) restaurant is just down the street. Order a special, and listen to the waitresses calling out as they bring your order.

Let us know how he's doing.

Stephany in Iowa

16 years 2 months ago #13942 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Journey for bladder removal.
Pat, And things are still going smoothly. I am so happy for you and your husband. I hope my little tips helped out, one never knows what to expect. Remember the path report still has to come, but it all sounds like great news for you. What a load off, right!!!! I will pray it all continues as is,,,get some rest...Ginger

16 years 2 months ago #13940 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Journey for bladder removal.
Pat how many lymph nodes did they remove? Is pathology back on that yet? Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne