Journey for bladder removal.

16 years 2 months ago #14102 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Journey for bladder removal.
Pat,
Things sound really good for the two of you. It reminds me of all the worrying we did and how scary the unknown was..nice to be on the other side, right??
I am glad you got away for the day, a new outlook gives you the strength to carry on with your caregiver side of things.. take care, Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #14099 by justme
Replied by justme on topic Journey for bladder removal.
My day off at one of my sisters was good for me and for Deverne, he found the nurses button works well.

He also found he doesn't need the walker devise to walk so is using the skinny lady only, that's the iv pole!

He's eating solid food,not much but each day that will improve. looking at Sat to move across the street to the hotel so that will be good for both of us.

Doing a load of laundry now and then I will go see what's up this a.m.

Dale thanks for sharing your story, I did laugh as we too have a daughter that says she's not doing that part and she's 40!

hugs and love to all
pat

16 years 2 months ago #14088 by cathy
Replied by cathy on topic Journey for bladder removal.
Its great to hear that Deverne is doing well, fingers crossed path report comes back clear, thinking of you guys.
Cathy

16 years 2 months ago #14072 by Dale50
Replied by Dale50 on topic Journey for bladder removal.
Pat

Please pass my first BM story along to Deverne although laughing can be painful at this point! I had given my wife the day off and my 23 yr old daughter was with me and I had always told her when I get old I was going to live with her and she would have to change my diapers like I used to for her. Well day 3 post surgery I was doing my time in the chair when I had BM pressure and the nurse was in the room, I told her I was going to have a BM and she no way it was too soon and it was just gas, so she left the room saying let her rip. So I bet her I would have a BM and she bet I would not, well in front of my daughter I had a large soft BM that went all over me and the chair and if I had A video of my daughter face it would be worth some money. She was sure that the day had come where she had to take care of dad like I had talked about and she had never even changed a baby. After messing with her a little I called the nurse and informed her I had won the bet and her punishment was a big mess to clean up. After this surgery you loose all bashfulness and modestdy anyone has so things like a BM in the hall are no big deals.

Take care and know there will be little set backs but judge his progress by the week not the day.

Dale

16 years 2 months ago #14071 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Journey for bladder removal.
Pat,
I figured that when you didn't write yesterday maybe that day 3 got you like it did us.....and sure enough it sounds like a repeat preformance,,Gene to said he thought he was going to die. You both prevailed and your back on the way to recovery, just a bump in the road...THE HALLWAY EPISODE IS A FIRST,,,HE HAS MADE HISTORY !!!! write that down somewhere..Glad your doing well, keep it up, Ginger

16 years 2 months ago #14066 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Journey for bladder removal.
Hi Pat,

So glad to hear things are going well :) I have no doubt the drs will share the path report as soon as they have it. I was extemely impressed with the hospital care at St Mary/Mayos - nurses and drs handle everything quickly and efficiently. I wonder why they didn't use the davinci tho - it seems to be the up and coming way to RC - my surgery was only 3.5 hours but I had had a hysterectomy and oophraectomy years before.
Keep up the great progress and take care of yourself :) God Bless, Holly

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne