Really scared

16 years 2 months ago #13808 by Gracie
Replied by Gracie on topic Really scared
Hello Kyrellia,

We have all been there. I never even knew that one can get bladder cancer. Not to mention me! I went to a uro who was the worse human being and doctor I had the misfortune to go to. She could not read the path report and told me to go home and 'get my affairs in order'. She was nasty and inconsiderate - even to other doctors. I can tell you that if you are not confident of your doctor - it is worth going out of your way for. Its amazing how few doctors know anything about bladder cancer. This is one of the most important decisions you will make! When I finally went to an informed doctor - it made all the difference in the world.

I'm not sure that pain is such a good thing. I would want to know why!

Welcome - keep us posted.

Best,
Gracie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13801 by kyrellia
Replied by kyrellia on topic Really scared
hello Landon, Joe and Max,

I did ask my urologist what he meant by 'prone', he very kindly explained what prone meant!! I am not sure whether I trust him, but where I live, he is regarded as the best there is, when I first went to him, my GP had told me that it was probably a urinary tract infection, so I had a check by the urologist, who then said, 'yes, its as I thought, cancer" I was in total shock annd had to ask him to repeat himself! I will try and get hold of my pathology report, but it is my rigid cystoscopy that is worrying me. I have had a lot of lower abdominal pain in the last three weeks, my GP says it is normal, but is it?

Thank you for listening. I am not a neurotic, but just underinformed and worried.

Kyrellia

kyrellia

16 years 2 months ago #13797 by maxmag
Replied by maxmag on topic Really scared
Hi Kyellia...WELCOME!!
First,know that we all share your feelings.
You might want to obtain a copy of your pathology report
to get a clearer picture of what you have.
I'm not sure why your uro is using a "Rigid" scope for a
follow up...Could be for several reasons.
I would discuss this with the uro.
So far,Ta looks like a good thing....So don't get ahead of
yourself.
As far as the word "Prone" is concerned,Ask the uro what this
means.Have the uro explain it to you.
Stay positive..Your going to be O.K.
Keeping you in my thoughts,
Max

Max
Age 70
Ta G2
Dx March 2007

16 years 2 months ago #13784 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Really scared
Well no one can say your bladder is more proned to cancer like telling someone your more proned to hitting the lottery. Count your blessings all I had a Stage T3 G3 last Jan07 and in Aug I was told I am cancer free as of now. Keep the faith and don't drive yourself nuts unless it is really something to worry about. Cheers, Joe ;)

16 years 2 months ago #13782 by Landon
Replied by Landon on topic Really scared
First off.....Welcome to the board!

We are all in this together, and I hope that someone here can relieve some of your stress and worries.

When you were originally diagnosed, what was the grade of your Ta?

Also, what does "prone to cancer" mean? What was his justification for saying that?

Keep us all posted on your scope. You will be in our thoughts!

16 years 2 months ago #13780 by kyrellia
Really scared was created by kyrellia
hello,
This is my first time posting. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in Nov.07., I had the tumours removed and a course of chemotherapy into the bladder for 6 weeks. Tomorrow I have a rigid cystoscopy under anaesthetic, I am very scared, my tumours were graded Ta, which I know is good, but my urologist sasid my bladder looked as if it was "prone to cancer", I am so worried that it might have come back, I have had a lot of lower abdomen pain in the last three weeks, a sort of cramping.
Ccan anyone put my mind at rest. I live in Scotland.

kyrellia

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne