Really scared

16 years 1 month ago #14339 by kyrellia
Replied by kyrellia on topic Really scared
Thank you all for your replies, I am glad that Spenda is a good subsitute for stevia.

I know it sounds like I am a bit of a wimp, being so scared, when I read some of the other posts, I realise how lucky I was,
but even though I had all my treatment done privately, not on the National Health Service, I have never seen my pathology report, I was only told it was Ta, and I had to really press my uro for the info that it was TaG2. I have never smoked or worked with dyes. I was also only advised to drink 2 litres of water a day, but not to avoid any particular type of food. Is there a list somewhere on this site? What is Oncovite, are they vitamins?
There is a bit of a time difference for me on this site, I am not really posting in the early hours!!! It is 8 a.m. here!!

Thanks
KYRELLIA XX

kyrellia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14337 by maxmag
Replied by maxmag on topic Really scared
Hi Kyrellia,
My first DX was TA-G2.
Several months later I had a biopsy done on my
bladder and my prostate...I was totally clean.
3 months following that,I had a reccurence..DX
TA-Low Grade.I will return for a Cysto(Poke&Peek)
on 4-10-08.
We are all anxious about this disease we have.
Best advice..Take it one day at a time.
Enjoy your 3 month respite(I hope it is much much longer)
Blessings,
Max :)

Max
Age 70
Ta G2
Dx March 2007

16 years 1 month ago #14327 by lhpdogs
Replied by lhpdogs on topic Really scared
Kyrellia,
Nothing has been proven to cause BC except smoking, as far as I know..but when I hear something that makes sense to me, I'm going to follow it. Preservatives like nitrites and nitrates have been suspected; and the debate rages on about artificial sweeteners. Just to be safe, I cut back. And if I can't find Stevia, I use Splenda, too.

Sounds like you already eat very healthy... I think foods proven to be anti-oxidants are a good idea, too... I especially like that tomatoes are really good for cancer patients, they say.. too bad you can only grow a good one in Chicago during three months of the year!!

Be strong, remain fearless!

Lauren
TaG1

TaG1 12/05
3 recurrences
BCG started 9/09

16 years 1 month ago #14318 by cljjlk
Replied by cljjlk on topic Really scared

Kyrellia,

From what I have seen here on the non-invasive BC, TaG2 is very common and probable the majority of the biopsies come back that way. My first biopsy was a T1G2 and my second (re-occurance) was TaG1. Count your lucky stars that yours was caught early enough. Although, having BC at any level is no picnic, go into the invasive section here and read some of those stories. Every time I start feeling sorry for my self, I read a couple of their post and I thank God, my doctor caught mine early too. Take a deep breath and keep moving forward. A positive attitude will always make things easier and healthier.

Chuck

dx - Aug 2005
Five reoccurences (last 12/09 Ta high grade)
BCG Started 10/09 (2 6wk treatment)
BCG Maintenance started 4/10

16 years 1 month ago #14314 by kyrellia
Replied by kyrellia on topic Really scared
Thank you Max,

I am also TaG2, is this good, my Uro says that most of the bc he diagnoses are TaG2 and that is is very common. As an old hand, would you say this was right? He said that G1 was not cancerous, so G2 was really almost nothing to worry about!
I would like this to be true, obviously!!
Thanks, Kyrellia

kyrellia

16 years 1 month ago #14307 by maxmag
Replied by maxmag on topic Really scared
[move]HOORAY FOR YOU..ENJOY THE NEXT 3 MOS,
MAX :D
[/move]

Max
Age 70
Ta G2
Dx March 2007

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne