Really scared

16 years 1 month ago #14275 by kyrellia
Replied by kyrellia on topic Really scared
hello Lauren,

Thank you for your reply. Is there a reason why sweeteners are not good? I use Splenda, which is derived from sugar. Stevia is not sold here. I was not told that anything was bad to eat or drink. I have two cups of coffee in the morning and drink two litres of water the rest of the day. I live in rural Scotland, near the sea, so eat a lot of fresh fish and local vegetables. I never eat pre-prepared food. What should I be avoiding?? I was diagnosed TaG2.

bi Kyrellia

kyrellia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14270 by lhpdogs
Replied by lhpdogs on topic Really scared
It's so good to hear you are seeing the world brighter now... remember this feeling and keep it..put the cancer out of your mind for 3 months, OK? But in those three months, take the opportunity to read all you can about prevention.

I drink more green tea (and black tea); I cut back to ONE Diet Pepsi a day, and use Stevia sweetener for iced tea, to avoid artificial sweeteners (I also have Type 2 diabetes). I gave up bacon, sausage and lunchmeat, due to the nitrates and nitrites. I drink lots of water, eat more fresh foods, and keep a mental picture that everything I do to make myself more healthy is keeping those evil cancer cells away ;D

Be strong, remain fearless
Lauren
TaG1 12/05 and 2/08

TaG1 12/05
3 recurrences
BCG started 9/09

16 years 1 month ago #14252 by kyrellia
hello from Scotland!

I had the results from my biopsy. I am clear and will have to go back for a 'poke and peek' in three months. I am so relieved!!
It feels as if the world is in colour again! Thanks to all the people who posted in response to my terror!
Kyrellia xx

kyrellia

16 years 2 months ago #13954 by cstockton
Replied by cstockton on topic Really scared
It is good to hear that you are feeling well, and that you are experiencing less anxiety. Thank you for the update.

Craig Stockton

16 years 2 months ago #13907 by kyrellia
Hello Everyone,

I had two days in hospital, had a biopsy, where the Dr. took biopsies from several areas of my bladder annd the muscle,
I will get the results in two weeks, which is a long time to wait, I did get him to tell me the gfrade of my Ta tumours, it is G2, which he said is normal and what most people get!! Not to worry then! He says he is guardedly optimistic about my outcome, so again, not to worry! The strange thing is, after the biopsy and still today, the pains I had have gone and apart from some mild discomfort I feel really fine. So although I am still really scared, I feel b etter physically.

;DKyrellia xx

kyrellia

16 years 2 months ago #13885 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Really scared
Sarah,

Here is a definition of TUR taken from the front page of Web Cafe...

TUR
Transurethral resection is a miminally invasive surgical technique where tumors are removed through the urethra via a scope equipped with a special tool on the end for excision of tissue. Cauterization prevents excessive bleeding. A new resectoscope loop, Olympus prototype model A2186, has been evalutated by Herr and colleagues at MSKCC, which was found to provide a better tumor resection and helped facilitate histological evaluation of the tissue specimens

I went to the medical dictionary to get a defintion of "fulguration"

ful·gu·ra·tion (flgy-rshn, -g-, fl-)
n.
The destruction of tissue, usually malignant tumors, by means of a high-frequency electric current applied with a needlelike electrode.

Hope this helps. It clears my mind up a little....
Ro

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne