Blood in urine following sexual activity

16 years 10 months ago #6564 by ddoyle
Replied by ddoyle on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
I'm going in to see my Uro tomorrow to see what's causing the bleeding. And it's not just after sex (otherwise I wouldn't have much to complain about these days). Had some blood and clots just a while ago....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #6534 by timb
Replied by timb on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
well, Im not a doc so still get it checked out but it could explain some of your discomfort
all the best

16 years 10 months ago #6526 by ddoyle
I didn't know about "referred" pain but it would of course answer many questions about the severe pain I've been experiencing in my urethra. Thanks!

16 years 10 months ago #6520 by timb
It's also worth remembering that bladder pain can often be "referred". In other words can be felt in places other than the bladder such as the tip of the penis. weird but true.

16 years 10 months ago #6505 by ddoyle
Tim,

Thanks for the advice. I'm due to have my look-see cytoscopy and biopsy and perhaps a general anesthesia exam and possibly a returb if additional tumors are found in less than two weeks. To be honest I'm more than a little concerned due to the continuing trauma in both the bladder and the urethra.

I think it's entirely possible that the weekly instillation caused damage to the urethra, but the doc says it's the BCG side affects. I explained to him that the pain and cramping is in the urethra but I don't think he agrees. He said it's difficult to differentiate between the bladder and the urethra, but I personally can tell where the pain is coming from every time I urinate, which is often (usually) extremely painful! >:( (He expressed that a 6-week "vacation" from the weekly BCG installation should clear things up but after 4 weeks there's no change. Of course I'm no expert.

Finding this forum has helped me a lot since no one in my personal acquaintance has been through all of this and my urologist simply does not have the time to discuss things with me since he's got an extremely busy practice.

Thank you again for taking the time to answer.

16 years 10 months ago #6504 by timb
ddoyle

I think this is one for the docs to put your mind at rest. I didn't have this experience during my encounter with BCG but it wouldn't surprise me. The treatment and the method of instillation into the bladder can cause a fair bit of trauma both to the bladder and your urethra. when I was self-cathing post cystectomy, a traumatic insertion caused minute spots of blood in my urine even a few weeks after. also if there's infection in there of any kind this can happen. but to be safe I'd mention it to your healthcare practitioner and to make you feel better about it.

tim

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne