Blood in urine following sexual activity

16 years 9 months ago #6610 by ddoyle
Replied by ddoyle on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
Alice,

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I hope your new Uro will be sensitive and understanding. Some of these Drs are just too busy to take the time. In all fairness my Dr. did take a bit more time back when I was dx with the CIS and other tumor, in order to explain the treament options to me, but since then my visits with him when he did the BCG treatments averaged maybe 5 minutes apiece.

Will be expecting good news from you next week following your visit to your new Uro.

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #6606 by Alice L.
Replied by Alice L. on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
Well, let's hope it isn't CIS and just an infection. Just know though I will be thinking about you while I am at my new URO on the 18th. I do hope he will get done what needs to be done then and not put me off since it is his first time seeing me.

Thanks for keeping us updated, David, and we'll be with you waiting for the results :)

Oh, by the way, cute statement about the cross between Groucho Marx and Don Rickles :D

Alice

16 years 9 months ago #6604 by ddoyle
Replied by ddoyle on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
Alice & all:

He took a urine specimen and it showed I had a really bad bladder infection. I asked if the infection would cause the bleeding and clots and he said "sure it would!", (I surely don't know enough to argue with him!) He gave me an RX for a sulfa antibiotic. Hopefully it will clear things up enough so I can have the "poke and peek" next week on the 19th. He did say that the problems COULD have been caused by the CIS (carcinoma insitu) but with the infection he couldn't tell.
This guy has an excellent reputation here in Houston but his bedside manner is kind of like a cross between Groucho Marx and Don Rickles if you catch my drift :P

16 years 9 months ago #6583 by Alice L.
Hello David, just checking back in to see what you happen to find out. I am hoping it was all good.

Please keep us posted.

Alice

16 years 9 months ago #6567 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
I talked with my Uro today about the really bad bleeding and burning that I had with my last treatment . Even though I had only a third dosage for the last 3 treatments, he said that BCG's are going to do what they are going to do to you, regardless of the dosage.

Good luck on your visit tomorrow.

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 9 months ago #6566 by Alice L.
David, you qouted this about your URO, "It's pretty hard to get a word in with him since he's extremely busy and has a tendency to discount pain and to attribute everything to the BCG and resulting symptoms."

Are you paying this man????

If So, YOU need to make sure he gives you the time of day to answer any questions or concerns you have. Don't leave the room until you are completely satisfied with your consultation. If you are not happy with the results he has given you and he walks out, stay there until he comes back, take a nap if you have to. A nap would never hurt any of us.

You are new to the territory, so it is his job to make you feel as comfortable with the diagnoses as possible.

I wish you luck on your visit tomorrow. Let us know what you find out.

Alice

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne