Blood in urine following sexual activity

16 years 9 months ago #6658 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity

This is a very good question, and, unfortunately there is no solid answer that I can find.

I personally like to have an occassional glass of wine with dinner, because, it helps the digestion.... ;) I justify myself by saying that the natural Reservatol properties of red wine will aid in the battle against Bladder Cancer. But really, who knows? The Sulfites in the wine may be working against the Reservatol ???

David,

Has your Doctor mentioned taking a Cranberry Supplement to help kill the bacteria in the bladder? My Doctor recommended taking a supplement called "AZO" that you can get at the drug store. I'm not recommending this against your Doctor's wishes, I'm just putting a bug in your ear. I took the Cranberry during BCG treatments, but would only take it beginning on the following day. Cranberry has a property that keeps E Coli bacteria from sticking to the lining of the bladder.

You might ask your Doctor and see what he thinks....some people say that Cranberry causes MORE irritation, so I think you should check with him first.

Your BC friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #6655 by Alice L.
Replied by Alice L. on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
Well, if you don't tell anyone then I won't ;)

It is a virgin pina colada, right? ;D

16 years 9 months ago #6650 by ddoyle
Replied by ddoyle on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
Might be a Pina Colada -- but then are people with BC supposed to drink? ;)

Have a nice weekend and keep the faith :)

David

16 years 9 months ago #6646 by Alice L.
Oh David, I really am so happy to hear you are not hurting as bad now. I too hope that it will be cleared up before you next Cysto and I will be very, very anxious to hear of your results.

David, you have a very good heart and you are very good with words. You are a tremendous support for me and I thank you kindly.

I will be sure to keep you updated and let you know of the results as long as you promise to do the same ;) I am sure the doctor will not tell me anything I can not handle :)

Wishing you a great and wonderful weekend. By the way, just curious, what kind of drink is that in your hand :D

Alice

16 years 9 months ago #6643 by ddoyle
Replied by ddoyle on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
Alice & all:

The antibiotic does seemed to have helped some with the pain and there's no more bleeding. Hopefully the infection will be cleared up before 7/19 when I'm scheduled for the first cysto following completion of BCG 6 wks ago.

Alice, you are a remarkable person -- very determined, strong and I'm confident that you will in fact have a positive experience with the new Uro -- and that you will be able to deal with the results of the cysto on 7/17 -- your faith is of course very important at these times. You have overcome much in your life and you will overcome this as well.

Let us know your results when you have them and in the meantime we all join you in hoping for a good report.

David

16 years 9 months ago #6629 by Alice L.
Thank you, David, for your kind thoughts and words.

The new URO did call and moved my Cysto up a day, so I will be going in the 17th instead of the 18th. I told them of my situation and they were very, very understanding and kind. They told me they would not reject me just because of the lack of insurance or my finances, so I really think this one is going to work out for me until I can get back on my feet again.

Now, enough about me. How are you getting along? Are you feeling any better? Has the pain stopped?

I too will be expecting good news from you on your next visit.

Keep us informed and updated, okay?

Alice

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne