Blood in urine following sexual activity

16 years 9 months ago #6754 by ddoyle
Replied by ddoyle on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
Alice,

I'm so sorry about your experience, and yes, I can identify with a large part of it. At least my URO knows which end of the cystoscope is which, but they seem to share some of the same personality.
By UA I assume you are talking about an urinalsysis, right? It could possible show signs of infection or maybe you have something similar to what I've got ??? (Our Dr's don't seem to be much help, do they). Anyway, good for you for standing your ground. Let us know as soon as you get the results. If it's positive for infection, perhaps an antiobiotic will help, but based on my recent experience it's hard to say. Did I mention that the culture on my urine came back negative? ???

I'm so very sorry he hurt you so badly :'(

And don't worry about "cutting into my thread" -- as you can see, we all share all the threads to encourage and strengthen each other -- that's why the forum is here :)

We love you and care about you,

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #6752 by Alice L.
Replied by Alice L. on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
Oh David, I truly am soooo sorry! I really wish I had a magic wand and could help lift all the hurt, pain, agony, and all evil from the world.

Please David, just stay on top of the situation and don't let it go to long. In the meantime, maybe you could be looking for another URO or ask this one for a second opinion as Rosemary suggested.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back with everyone, but I really had to take a short break and get back on track.

First of all, David, thank you for letting me cut in on your thread. I truly hope you don't mind.

David, sounds as if we might as well be seeing the same URO ;D

I really didn't want to have to share this with anyone, but my experience was the worst yet for me.

This new URO didn't even know how to use the Cystoscope. He was asking the nurses for help and of course they didn't know. He hurt me soooo bad that it made me so nausiated to my stomach for the rest of the day. I came straight home, took two pain pills, and some nausia medicine in which wasn't too helpful. I was hurting so bad and I was so sick until about 8:30 last night.

The doctor said that he didn't find anything, so I asked him if he could explain the blood in my urine in which was validated through my OBgyn doctor. He just shrugged his shoulders and said we will get one from you a month from now on your next visit. I started to ask him, why next visit and not now, but before I could finish my sentence, he was already out of the room and I didn't see him after that. I refused to leave the hospital until someone got ahold of him to order a UA. I told them if I don't have cancer, but have blood in my urine, then I need to find out what the cause is and if I don't have blood in my urine I need to know that too and so does he. I really felt he needed it for his own information concerning my health since of course he was the one supposedly holding a degree in his hand.

Well, the nurses got ahold of him, he kept telling them to wait until the next appointment and I kept telling them, I am not leaving until he orders a UA, so he did. I will find out the results in about two days. If there is blood, in which I know there is, I truly believe in my OBgyn doctor, then it is off to the drawing board again to find a new one.

I just wonder where these Urologist get their degrees here in Kansas anyway. Must be off the internet or some vocational school. :)

Again, David, I truly am so sorry about your report and to everyone that has been sooo kind and concerned...........

I LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

All of my hugs and kisses to all!

Alice

16 years 9 months ago #6750 by ddoyle
Rosemary,

Yes, he says the bullous edema in the bladder neck area is most likely a reaction from the BCG treatment. The IHN (or INH, whichever) would be a possible next step for treating the reaction. All news to me, of course.

At this moment in time I'm most concerned about the bleeding and burning. Will keep you informed, thanks for being concerned and for your advice and care,

David

16 years 9 months ago #6749 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
David,

The more I think about this, I am just not happy with this Dr.s response. This just isn't sitting well with me.

If this bleeding doesn't stop SOON, I think you should make an appointment for a second opinion.

This is just my own humble opinion.

Best regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 9 months ago #6748 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Blood in urine following sexual activity
David,

This is all news to me. INH? And especially Celebrex for pain and urgency?

BTW, which symptom is he calling the "BCG reaction"? The bullous edema?

I take Celebrex but it doesn't touch my bladder urgency. (But bladder inflamation is not the reason that I take it)....It will be very interesting to see if this medication helps your symptoms.

Regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 9 months ago #6747 by ddoyle
Rosemary,

The truth? --- not really :-\-- but then, if the anti-inflammatory meds (he gave me an RX for Celebrex) will knock down the pain & urgency, that's at least worth something.

He did mention the possibility of maybe having to treat the BCG reaction with something called INH?? -- A med for fighting TB, I think.

Of course, behind it all one worries that the CIS may be the real culprit. ???

David

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne