Any advice appreciated....

15 years 10 months ago #18372 by julieann
Replied by julieann on topic Any advice appreciated....
Have you read about metastatic cancer on the home page? Go to treatment options and then metastatic. I'm sure Karen, Ginger, Patricia or others will chime in soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #18364 by Mel09
Replied by Mel09 on topic Any advice appreciated....
Thank you for your replies. We live in central NJ and have had a second opinion. The Drs. all seem to agree that at this point surgery is out of the question, and that we should begin with chemo. I am just very discouraged and definitely welcome your prayers.

Melissa

15 years 10 months ago #18363 by tate
Replied by tate on topic Any advice appreciated....
Hi Melissa,

I also do not have a story to share as my bc is very different and I was only diagnosed a few months ago however, I can offer prayers for your family as I strongly believe in Prayer. I can say that alot of the experts and friends that will reply will ask about second opinions and where your father lives. I know they will have suggestions and stories to share with you.

Please know that you are not alone and we are all here to support you and just be here to help you through this battle.

Prayers from North Carolina,
-Tate

15 years 10 months ago #18362 by julieann
Replied by julieann on topic Any advice appreciated....
Melissa,

I'm so sorry to hear your news, but you have come to the right place. There are many caring people here each with different stories. I cannot offer much info to you but there are many here who can and will soon. I'm sure it won't be long until you hear from others. My mother also has stage IV BC. Our story in short: Diagnosed July 07, RC (bladder removal) in August 07, all clear in October, 3 cancerous nodes in January, no chemo. Currently she is doing well but we really don't know about spread because she hasn't had any tests since January. My story is unusual a bit because she chose no treatments. Stick around for more replies. We are all in this together here. God bless! Julieann

15 years 10 months ago #18358 by Mel09
Any advice appreciated.... was created by Mel09
Hello,

I am new to this site. My father was just told that he has stage IV bladder cancer that has spread to his bones. He was also told that surgery is no longer an option and that his life expentency is about 15-20 months. This is quite a shock to us simce we just found out that he had cancer a month ago. I am looking for anyone that has defied these odds or has some encouraging stories for me to share with him. He is 65 and not ready to stop fighting. He is beginning chemo on Friday with Gemzar and Cisplatin. We are hopeful that this will bring us a miracle. Please pray for my family.

Thank you all,

Melissa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne