New News

15 years 11 months ago #17202 by julieann
Replied by julieann on topic New News
I'm with Karen on this. Where is the spread? It sounds to me that an RC might be of little benefit. I would definitely find out because while RC can be a lifesaving/prolonging surgery in many cases, it is not an easy surgery if there is no benef it. Make sense?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #17200 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic New News
Mark,

I am so sorry to hear your news...My heart goes out to you and your family...

I have a question....Is your fathers bladder giving him alot of trouble? I say this because if it is not...It may be best to get another opinion. We were told that once the Cancer became Metastatic it was a "Morbid", Unnecessary Surgery...Your father will have to recover from the surgery, and then possibly get Chemo & Radiation to extend his life...In a weakened state after surgery this may be a feat he can't bear. I am curious to know if the Dr is reccommending this for Pallitive reasons? What else are they suggesting? I am wondering why this is suggested for some but not for others???

My husband went for the Chemo, and radiation, & kept his bladder and prostate. Are you at a Major Cancer Center? Have you gotten a Second Opinion yet?

My husbands cancer is metastatic to the bone...Is your fathers in the bone, or another organ?

I wish you all peace in the tough decisions that lie ahead,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 11 months ago #17196 by Mark Rice
New News was created by Mark Rice
Hi all,

Just got word from our urologist that new scans show that my father's cancer has become metastatic. She said she was 90% sure and is hopefull that she is wrong. Wants to still go ahead with removal of bladder and prostate to cause any discomfort in future. Also has given us a timeline of about 6 months to 2 years as every case is different. Quite sad at the moment, if anybody wishes to add their perspective it would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne