I hate to ask the gross questions, but...

13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #32667 by mmc
Glad to hear you got the suprapubic tube out.

Yup, this is going to be part of the new normal.
The mucous will be there but it shouldn't be blocking the works to the point of pain.

The mucuos is viscous so it should just pass. Keep up the high intake of water. I suppose if there is enough water in there it will eventually create enough pressure to force it out. I have found mine is less if I just drink water all day, but if I drink ice tea all day it is more. Even crystal lite ice tea does that to me.

You may just want to mention it to the doc (the fact that it got to the point of pain).

The intestines produce mucous as part of their normal function. Just because you have a piece of intestine as a bladder, it doesn't mean that the intestine knows it so it still will do what intestines do.

As Pat said, it does seem to be related to food and drink. I don't know which are better or worse for me. I just know sometimes it is more and other times not.

Just so you know, intestine is not 'sterile' either. So if you wind up on a pirate ship and someone gets a wound, you are not the right guy to pee on the wound anymore. I think that was in one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies with Johnny Depp. :)

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #32666 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic I hate to ask the gross questions, but...
Red.....poor baby is not adjusting to its new role as a bladder yet..it still thinks its a colon. I have the Indiana but i shall never forget the day i had projectile mucus that flew from the catheter clear across the bathroom.......i didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the time...i chose to laugh and was thankful it got out of there. This goes on for a while but eventually it will calm down and take on its role as bladder and produce what i call egg drop soup. Some things will make it worse...and its individual...with me its dairy but its no big deal anymore.
Hang in there and be glad its passing!! :S
pat

13 years 10 months ago #32665 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic I hate to ask the gross questions, but...
Red, We all have this issue. We will be producing "crud" the rest of out lives.
Still a small price to pay for life. Jim

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan

13 years 10 months ago #32664 by FarRed
I had the last of my tubes removed two days ago, the super pubic, so I'm on my own, training wheels off! My doc says everything is going well. I've been having trouble with mucus occasionally clogging up the works, sometimes causing tremendous pain. Obviously, I'm not giving up my Percocet yet. Tonight my bladder dumped a load of mucus, I mean a lot, all on its own, no urging from me. I've been good on my water, downing two liters over 16 hours today. Why the heck the sudden production of crud? Has anyone else run into this? :blink:

Bladder cancer diagnosed Mar, 2010.
Robotic assisted laproscopic cystoprostatectomy with Studer neo-bladder, 2010.
UMC Tucson

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne