I hate to ask the gross questions, but...

13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #32693 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic I hate to ask the gross questions, but...
Red...copy this and take it in to your doc or hospital..they will always say you have an infection with a urinary diversion. I carry this with me all the time.
tinyurl.com/36j7m4n

Geez...and don't let them give you Levaquin!!
pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #32690 by mmc
Yes, what Lee said!

Just to add to that....My neobladder surgeon explained that there is a difference between colonization and infection. He said any cultures I get (or anyone else with a neobladder) it will look like world war 3 going on in there but you have to look for the other symptoms of infection and not treat just based on culture.

Thing is: YOU have the other symptoms and need to get started on treatment now. Don't wait with UTIs. They can get out of hand in a big hurry. Let us know what you uro says later today after you speak with him and get your presciption filled. :)

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 10 months ago #32689 by LeeH
Red,

Thats an infection. You need treatment. You need antibiotics. Now that being said, urine tests may never show as completely clear, because many neobladders are not totally antiseptic, but when you get those symptoms like fever, it needs to be treated.

When I get a urinalysis it still shows up like a minor infection, but the question is if I am asymptomatic. Since I am, no treatment. If I was running a fever, I would be put on antibiotics.

Those infections are not uncommon early on with neo's. You just have to have it treated. The FEVER WILL NOT GO AWAY ON ITS OWN.

Lee

13 years 10 months ago #32686 by mmc
Red: are you on antibiotics? If you have fever it may explain the pain which is likely an infection which most certainly should be treated. Also, I mentioned ice tea but I have found more mucous from that when compared to water all day.

George: didn't say you need to give it up. It just may be one of the many things that causes mucous.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 10 months ago #32685 by FarRed
Replied by FarRed on topic I hate to ask the gross questions, but...
I have had a fever of 101--not sure how long since I just got a decent thermometer. I cut out milk and caffeine yesterday. I'm not sure what in coffee would be the culprit--caffeine or something peculiar to coffee beans, but I d/n drink coffee anyway. I was drinking coke Icees every day to get in some of my water. I think someone talked about drinking a lot of iced tea, so I tried a raspberry tea big gulp.

Bottom line is that, minus the morning, I had no pain yesterday, and almost none this morning. I'm not calling this conclusive, but it is promising. I'll let you know how this turns out.

Bladder cancer diagnosed Mar, 2010.
Robotic assisted laproscopic cystoprostatectomy with Studer neo-bladder, 2010.
UMC Tucson

13 years 10 months ago #32684 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic I hate to ask the gross questions, but...
Coffee causes mucas? Say it ain't so Mike. I can give up so many things but coffee is going too far. Without my 2 pot a day fix, I am toast!

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne