Sores and Rash Update

13 years 3 weeks ago #37249 by Herb
Replied by Herb on topic Sores and Rash Update
I am grateful that you provide the website so we all can support, share and learn from one another.

Age 72 had radical 9/11/10 have conduit everything is fine, grateful to be a cancer survivor. Lost Dad and Brother to Cancer both in their 50's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #37152 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic Sores and Rash Update
Herd
It is again amazing that we seem to be traveling parallel paths. My stoma nurse decided that I might be allergic to the adhesives and has put me on “old school” Hollister bags 1433 (slightly convex & with belt). I have NO rash now. The “old school” bags used a very different adhesive but they are still available.

You and I will have to watch for any newbies who might be experiencing the same problems. Although the solution is simple the stress level can be huge to someone still trying to get used to bag procedures.

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

13 years 1 month ago #37139 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Sores and Rash Update
Herb I am so glad to see you getting a head of this. It is funny that we go through so much but the small things that nag just wear you out don't they?

I have watched you with pride from the first you have handled this whole thing with such dignity it has been an inspiration. And I thank you for staying a part of this forum we need strong posters in all the sections and your presence helps others that we never see a word form more than you can know.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

13 years 1 month ago #37137 by Herb
Replied by Herb on topic Sores and Rash Update
Thanks Mike

Age 72 had radical 9/11/10 have conduit everything is fine, grateful to be a cancer survivor. Lost Dad and Brother to Cancer both in their 50's.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #37135 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Sores and Rash Update
Herb,

Glad you got the problem solved. I'm sure this post of yours will be a very valuable post to others in terms of future ileal conduits folks. I changed the title in my reply so people may have a chance to find this thread if they are searching for something about rashes or reactions to adhesives.

All the Best!
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 1 month ago #37133 by Herb
Sores and Rash Update was created by Herb
Well I did have a second breakout of a raash with sores. The powder and protective barrier helped clear situation up but as soon as we stopped barrier it came back. I was using a Hollister bag and I asked Edgepark if the had a similar configured bag with different adhesive. Edgepark sent a Coloplast bag and the rash nearly cleared up in three days, so after a month of rash and sores, barrier, powder --- I was another person who ended up being allergic to adhesive used in the majority of Hollister bags --- Hollister is sending a two piece bag with different adhesive (only model that has different adhesive) sample from Hollister has not arrive yet, but they were very nice and cooperative concerning problem. Edgepark Distributer was also very helpful and cooperative.

Just wanted to post so if others are having problem --- obviously allergic reactions are common but thankfully there are alternative adhesives. Looking forward to complete healing of area. Herb †

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne