Questions from a BC beginner.....

15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #24984 by Moonerj
Replied by Moonerj on topic Questions from a BC beginner.....
Hi, JC

Welcome to our site.

I believe you have non-invasive bladder cancer, which means the cancer has not penetrated your bladder muscle.
Do you know the stage and grade of the tumors removed? This information will be on your pathology report. Your Uro has the report, which he should give you a copy.
Your bladder will take a while to heal from the TURBTS you have had.
Normally BCG treatments start about 6 weeks after a TURBT.
Hopefully by then your bladder will be able to hold the BCG for the 2 hours.
I have had 3 TURBTS and 30 BCG treatments since 2006, and have been cancer free for 16 months now. So I have encountered the same problem that you are regarding urinating every couple of hours. I do not recommend you hold the urine in your bladder. Just let nature take its course. What you see in your urine now is normal.
I would recommend after your next Cysto this month, that you get a 2nd opinion from a top Uro who works with Bladder cancer daily.
Where are you currently being treated?
We are here to help you through this, so do not be afraid to ask questions. Their are many here who have experienced what you are going through.
Stay positive.
All the best,
Jack

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #24975 by mikekc2kc
Questions from a BC beginner..... was created by mikekc2kc
Hi all, I am new to this world, and have many questions..... I am a 58 year old male, with invasive BC, that has not penetrated into the bladder muscle. My cat scan came out clear of any other cancer. My bladder was 80% covered with tumors. I had my second TUR 3 weeks ago, and am wondering when/if my bladder will begin to work normally again. The Doc. said that he was able to remove all of the cancer, (3 1/2 hour surgery) and that i should feel better every day.

I have to void about every 1 - 1 1/2 hours, day and night. The last few days I have begun to notice dark debris in my urine. am I right to assume that this might be scabs resulting from the resection? Will my bladder begin to hold more urine soon? should I be trying to stretch my bladder by holding my urine as long as possible?

I am scheduled for another look and possible TUR on April 20, and then BCH for 6 weeks, starting one month later. I am worried that I ma not be able to hold the BCH for the required time, and thus not be able to benefit from this treatment.

The Doc says that I have less thatn a 50% chance of having my bladder in 5 years. What are the chances that this cancer will return and spread? Chould I be considering RC now?

I am sure that there are many more questions that I should be asking..... thanks to anyone willing to offer advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne