Tired of Doctors and another stupid test tomorrow

16 years 6 months ago #9125 by flamenco
Rosemary, they made a mistake somewhere, we all know you have a BIG heart !!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #9117 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Tired of Doctors and another stupid test tomorrow
Rosemary,

Glad to hear it, sounds like it was also pituresque. I saw my kidneys at my ultrasound, that was intersting. Had it after a kidney stone this week. I imagine seeing the lungs, heart etc. would be like really being in touch with yourself.
20 per cent, that could be a fortune, and oh yeah by the way your co-pay is 500 dollars. I'm sure you were more worried about food then the co-pay.

Ginger

16 years 6 months ago #9116 by Rosemary
Hey You All! Thanks for the replies because once again, it feels really good to sit down at my computer and see them here.

Well, everything went just really well as far as the tests went today. It turns out that I was getting a CT Scan today and not a Urogram. Yes, the tech said, "you may feel a warmth", and I did and feel a warmth and it was really weird because I felt the warm dye travel up into my head and then down into my pelvic area. Really strange feeling.

I had a cystoscopy today too, and the doc says everything looks really good and my urine was as clear as crystal.

I got to see the CT Scan on the computer and it was awesome to see the beautiful picture of my own heart and kidneys and lungs. The heart is so much smaller than I expected. The Doc says the CT scan looks good.

I became a BEAR in the reception area while checking out. I shouldn't tell this, but, the receptionist threw me a curve ball and asked me to pay 20% copay for the CT Scan, and do you know how much that was? I asked her did I need to look for a new Doctor, because she was throwing me a curve ball when I was hungry and thirsty to boot. They just ought not mess with me when I'm hungry. All's well that ends well. They will get their money....
>:(

Thanks for listening you guys,
Rosemary
The Bear

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 6 months ago #9111 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Tired of Doctors and another stupid test tomorrow
After I had the Leydig cell tumor removed I had CT scans evey 6 months for 3 years and they told me I might feel warm when they injected the dye. Never happened. And then, when I had the CT urogram in August I had intense burning heat (not painful) from my coccyx right up my butt! I forgot about that until you mentioned the "warm rush."

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

16 years 6 months ago #9099 by brewster
hi rosemary - I've had four or five of these scans and they're easy - the only thing you feel is a bit of a warm rush when the iodine contrast dye is injected. However, two times ago I got an itchy/hives reaction from the dye. They said that is not unheard of and they suggested benadryl to relieve it - that didn't seem to help me any. Before the last scan they prescribed some prednasone sp and benadryl the day before and that prevented the reaction. I hope you have no reaction but I mention this just in case. Also, you never know what they'll find. I asked the tech if he saw anything unusual in there. He said yes there seemed to be some object at the beginning of my colon. I thought, oh god. Then he asked if I had ever been in combat or had any shrapnel in me. I had to think for a minute until I realized it had to be the gold crown the dental hygenist had popped off a couple months earlier when she got too aggressive with her little pick. By the time she said to try to cough it up, it was too far down the pipe. I recently had a colonoscopy (no orifice is off limits) and they couldn't see the crown so it probably moved on through (no polyps either). This peeking and poking world we live in is no fun but it can be interesting. Good luck. :)bladder brother Brewster

16 years 6 months ago #9090 by Rosemary
Yes, it could be worse. No food and laxatives besides!

I just really regret not having taken the whole morning off from work. The appointment is at 10:30, so for two hours I have to be chained to my desk and try to be nice to people without any coffee!

After my appointment this AM , I plan to take myself to IHOP and order a large stack of pancakes and a whole pitcher of steaming coffee.

Now that is something to look forward to!!

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Your friend and thanks you all!
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne