Tired of Doctors and another stupid test tomorrow

16 years 3 months ago #12557 by ConnieOnAQuest
Replied by ConnieOnAQuest on topic Tired of Doctors and another stupid test tomorrow
Congratulations, Rosemary. I remember how good it felt to go from a 3 month follow-up schedule to a 6 month schedule. And 2 years clean is a great benchmark to pass. You must be very excited and happy. ;D

Connie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #12554 by michstate89
Replied by michstate89 on topic Tired of Doctors and another stupid test tomorrow
Congratulations on the clear cysto and going to 6 month schedule (I still have another year of 3 monthers). That should save a little money and time spent with doctors - that's gotta feel good. Good luck with the frequency diagnosis.

Ross

Ross M
TaG1 March 06
Recurrence Jan 07
BCG Maintenance after 6 week treatment

16 years 3 months ago #12551 by Rosemary
Pat,

This was a Uro that I saw. I told him about the yeast too. He didn't mention sugar diabetes, but he did say that sleep apnea can definitely cause frequent urination at night.

I see the GP next month and will ask him about the fasting glucose.

Thanks for the concern Pat!!

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 3 months ago #12544 by Patricia
What about the blood glucose test? Pat...i'm going to keep bugging you!!

16 years 3 months ago #12542 by Rosemary
Wow, I really missed this forum. So glad to be back here with you guys!!

Well, I had my Cysto today and all was clean. The Doc performed an NMP22 on the urine because of my symptoms of frequent urination. It came back negative.

It is two years since my initial TURB and I have had no recurrances. HIP HIP HOORAY!!

I am from henceforth, unless something changes, on an every 6 month exam schedule.

Very best to all,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

16 years 6 months ago #9316 by Rosemary
Well, I called the Office Manager at the Uro's today. She said, "Yes, you should have been paying 20% all along."

So, this is two years now that I've been a frequent patient there without them enforcing this rule on me, and now, WHAM, I get it right in the face. It hurt. Especially because I am such a good patron and they make so much money off of my Insurance Company, and also, I've always paid my bills with them.

So, since she is being so hard nosed, I am carefully reviewing my options. I thought about involving my Doctor, but, no, he would only back up his office manager. I did call Human Resources with my Employer and they are a bit confused, and will be looking into this with the Insurance Company. There is some issue about PPO's, as my Doctor is in the Provider Network.

I am thinking about taking my business to UNC Chapel Hill, which is 130 miles away, but they can provide me with State of the Art Urology and they did not require 20% up front when I was a Patient there last year. I had best call and verify this first before I make my decision, just to make sure.

At the very least, if I leave my Doctors care, he will be informed by letter as to my reasons WHY....

Some GOOD did come out of this. I reviewed my AFLAC Policy to see if it covered CT Scans. It does not cover CT's but it does cover Cystoscopies, so I've missed my benefit of $125.00 for about 8 cystoscopies. I will be filing for my check of $1,000 tomorrow.

Baffled in NC,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne