new spot

16 years 8 months ago #7680 by rugrat1956
Replied by rugrat1956 on topic new spot
Wendy, Hi. ok, a cytology is the test that looks for cancer cells in the pee sample? If that is correct, he did it a week before the cysto. So that is good. Nothing must have been in there. Thanks, elaine

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #7632 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic new spot
Hi Elaine,
Sorry you needed to return to the forum, but nice to see you again. I wondered if you doctor did cytology before the cysto? I think it is not do-able for a few weeks post-cysto as that might confound the results.

I hope Warren is right and it's just inflammation. If it is CIS next follow up, you can deal with that if and when. There are treatments that work.

Take good care,W
endy

16 years 8 months ago #7625 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic new spot
Redness could be just inflammation. I've had that many times. But the big concern is that it could be CIS. If it persists your Uro will problably have to biopsy it.

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

16 years 8 months ago #7621 by rugrat1956
new spot was created by rugrat1956
Hi everyone. I haven't been on here in ages due to other health issues but I'm back with a question. I had my bladder recheck today and the doctor found a red spot in my bladder. If I had checked out fine as I have over the last year he was going to stretch my rechecks out over more time. Now with this new red spot I have to go back in three months. He had an emergency come into the office so I didn't have a chance to ask him any questions. Does anyone know if this red spot could be something other than a return of the cancer? I had low aggressive, non invasive papillary tumor removed about a year ago. Thanks, elaine

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne