new spot

16 years 5 months ago #9785 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic new spot
Is there anything new on the idea of "reseeding" of the cancer cells after surgery?
That is a growth of a tumor or "spot" in another area of the bladder after a tumor is removed transurethral.

It seems to me that if you have the predisposition in your cells for bladder cancer, a new occurrence is random of normal tissue growth. Some cells come out OK, and some cell division results in cancer.

If in fact new cancers are from reseeding, seems some research would have been done.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #9771 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic new spot
Elaine, I had a TURB because a red spot was seen during a TURB. When I read the operating room report and the phsycian report it stated "when and instrument was touched to the red spot, it fell apart." So, I went through pre-op tests, risked all the dire things associated with havng surgery to only learn the spot fell apart when touched by an instrument. If my prior urologist was one who did office procedures, he could have touched that spot with the instrument right there in the office during the cystoscopy and saved me all that pre-op and surgery that followed. After that I waited before immediatly agreeying to surgery if "something" was seen during a cysto. Rosie

16 years 5 months ago #9762 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic new spot
Elaine,

This happens to me occasionally, especially if I've been waiting to void longer than I normally would, and especially if the reason that I've been waiting to void has something to do with emotional stress in my environment.

Everything is worrisome about this disease isn't it? Especially when a lot of these strange nuances about urinating seem to have no clear answer.

Tell everything to your Doctor so that he can be on top of any issues and please keep us posted with how it is going. I noticed that you haven't had a lot of response to this question, so it may just be that this is not a common issue.

Take care and please keep talking,

PS...the reason that I am not as responsive as normal is because I am out of town for a week for the birth of my new grandson. I will try to keep an eye out here, but should be back to normal after next Wednesday...
Best regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 5 months ago #9671 by rugrat1956
Replied by rugrat1956 on topic new spot
I have a dumb, :-[ embarrassing question. :-X When I go pee lately I have to push with my stomach muscles as if I was having a bm. I asked my doctor about it in August and he didn't say much of anything about it. It has been going on for four or five months and seems to be getting worse. I'm not freaked about it but it is confusing. I go back in three weeks for another cysto to check that red spot he found in August so maybe he will explain it to me but until then if anyone has similar problems and an answer that would help me understand I would be grateful. Background... A year ago I had a 5cm, low aggressive, noninvasive papillary tumor removed with no other complications since until this new spot in August and this problem. Thank you, elaine ???

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

16 years 7 months ago #7775 by rugrat1956
Replied by rugrat1956 on topic new spot
Thank you all for the replies. After reading these I having worried! It will be ok. I really appreciate the information. elaine :)

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

16 years 8 months ago #7684 by mrjoeo
Replied by mrjoeo on topic new spot
Hello Elaine...

I also had a small red spot on my 9 month scope and it turned out to be a low grade superficial recurrence (Not CIS), Doctor simply zapped it and that was it. I also originally had a small low grade tumor 9 months prior to this and I am due back in a couple of weeks for another scope. Hopefully yours is nothing...

Joe

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne