And another night in the ER

15 years 7 months ago #21387 by Stephany
And another night in the ER was created by Stephany
I thought things were going better, and then this afternoon, Doran was dizzy several times. Tonight, we all sat in the deck and had supper, and after supper I took his BP....it was 75/50, so I called the doc on call. He said, "take it again, and if it's still that low, bring him in."

So, luckily our son was home. We stood him up to take him in, and he went down again. Waited 30 seconds, and he was able to stand. We got him to the ER.

Had that talk again with the ER docs "what would he want if....."

Then got the tests back, and found out his hemoglobin was 7.5 and his inr was 7.5, too! Wow, won the lottery there.

They gave him a vitamin K shot, antibiotics (always with the antibiotics) just in case, and a blood transfusion, and checked him in. We decided that the local hospital would be better, even if they don't have an "ICU", because Doran wouldn't want heroic measures, and I know that he'll get better closer to home.

They also said his kidney numbers weren't good. BUN and creatinine were low, which they said meant his kidneys were failing. I'm not sure about that. I think if we get his hemoglobin and inr back to where it should be, we'll have better numbers.

At least I hope so.

Anyway, that's another night in the ER.

I'm going to bed, and try to get some sleep.

Stephany in Iowa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne