Cancer Diet

13 years 7 months ago #34147 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Cancer Diet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #34146 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Cancer Diet
Refined sugar vs "natural" sugars are different compounds and used by the body differently. Am guessing one of our gurus will shed more light as I am too lazy to research it further. I also know that wheat bread is better than white bread (flour). I am not a nutritionist but I'd google those subjects.

The best answer however, that I have heard is "everything in moderation". Probably covers it all.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

13 years 7 months ago #34141 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic Cancer Diet
Being from Maine, I'm always happy to see blueberries on lists of "good stuff" (for cancer or otherwise). And for Pat and other chocolate lovers: I've seen chocolate covered blueberries lately in specialty food stores. I've tasted them and they are yummy.

Ann

P.S. Where does the "sugar feeds cancer" idea come from? I've seen that mentioned in another context elsewhere, but I'm somewhat skeptical. I do know there are a lot of folks who have very strong opinions about the evils of refined sugar and flour, and am wondering if the sugar-cancer idea applies just to refined sugars or all sugars (e.g., what about honey, maple syrup and agave? What about the sugars in many fruits and vegetables?)

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

13 years 7 months ago #34138 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Cancer Diet
Sometimes I get a little tired of broccoli, but I rarely eat it raw, I usually roast it in the oven.......yummy

Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

13 years 7 months ago #34136 by FarRed
Replied by FarRed on topic Cancer Diet
Since I understand I'm at a greater risk of contracting more cancer--bladder or otherwise--I'm interested in preventing it. Although not smoking d/n help. Both urologists said they expect to see my type of cancer in an 80-year old who smoked all his life--I never smoked. If only I could link it to all that 2nd hand smoke I got in the military--100 percent disability comp--woohoo!

I was fairly good about my eating, never overweight, etc. Sometimes you just want to say, eat drink and be merry, because being good d/n do me much good. Gnawing on raw broccoli d/n sound too appetizing.

Bladder cancer diagnosed Mar, 2010.
Robotic assisted laproscopic cystoprostatectomy with Studer neo-bladder, 2010.
UMC Tucson

13 years 7 months ago #34134 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Cancer Diet

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...
Attachments:

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne