New Problem

16 years 1 month ago #14489 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic New Problem
Tommy...".Intravesical BCG therapy is associated with significantly elevated PSA in up to 40% of cases. This effect is self-limited and PSA reverts to normal in 3 months. Therefore, we suggest that prostate biopsy be withheld in such patients and PSA monitored. ".....This in an a study in the Journal of Urology...might want to consider this.

www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B7XMT-4HM6P1X-P&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=7f311f4dfb14f964b601226225bdf3b2
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14486 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic New Problem
Tommy,

Please keep us posted on how it goes. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Your Bud,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 1 month ago #14465 by tommyt
New Problem was created by tommyt
Some may remember my journey. Diagnosed Oct 2007 with BLC. Turb 10/31, 5cm. 15 treatments of BCG in the following 14 mos. No reoccurence. Had a cysto yesterday, 3/12. Uro saw a small red area, not to concerned. Now the "rest of the story". PSA number has spiked. Uro did a DRE and found "new" hard and ridged spots. Biopsy set for 3/25. Not looking forward to this procedure. We have now stopped all bladder cancer treatments, ie further BCG, to focus on prostate. URO seemed overly concerned. I will keep you posted on biopsy and future results. Just wanting to vent a little.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne