Two and One Half Years! Not 2 1/2 men

13 years 1 month ago #37079 by Lynda
Replied by Lynda on topic Two and One Half Years! Not 2 1/2 men
My 6 mo. (1 year from DX!!) is also June 2. Good Luck to everyone with an upcoming appt. It's hard not to overthink about what might happen isn't it? Remember how far you've come and how well you're doing now. Even with the "checkup spectre" hanging over our heads, life is better now than before BC. AND spring is coming!! (just over 40 degrees here today WOO HOO!!)

Lynda

Lynda

3 years UTIs
Indiana Pouch - July 2010
Pulmonary Met. - May 2011
Chemo started June 2011

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #37076 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic Two and One Half Years! Not 2 1/2 men
There will only be positive results for the both of you. I am not due for my 6 month check until June 2 and sometimes I find myself thinking of that day, which is over 2 months away.

It is always there in the back of your mind

Joey

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #37075 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Two and One Half Years! Not 2 1/2 men
Hi George... I know exactly how you feel. April Fool's Day is my birthday, and the next Monday is my 4-month (and 4th) cysto on April 4th! This is really weird, but when I see my appointment day show up on the extended 10-day weather forecast, the nerves start up. I guess that makes it more real somehow that the day is fast approaching. I probably gain 5 pounds over those 10 days because I start the nervous eating habit. I try to munch on healthy stuff, but still it's more than I usually consume. I guess we all handle our stress in different ways.

My trips involve a 300 mile drive and an overnight stay for a morning appointment the next day. At least it will be a beautiful drive through the hills of Tennessee! (to Vanderbilt)

Fingers crossed for both of us in the next week! I am going to firmly believe that all will be well yet again for us. Look forward to hearing your good results!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #37074 by GKLINE
Well, it's that time again! The tests are done. the Xray's taken and now it's time for the visit to the Dr. for that 6 month appointment.

On April Fools Day no less! B) B)

I am hopeful that things will be fine..... but that niggling worry is always present. I know a number of you have expressed your fears of "THE VISIT" You are not alone. I woke up this morning and it hit me. The whole episode of cancer came flooding back. I know this is foolish, but it hits us all.

I guess that my appointment was appropriately scheduled. As most of you know, I have tried to laugh in the face of this disease. I'll give you all the verdict as soon as I know anything

George B)

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne