Bag people---any ideas on swimming garb, to cover the bag

16 years 1 month ago #14434 by Maria
Hi Ginger, its great to hear continued good progress for Gene. Sorry don't have any ideas, would your local stoma nurse have any contacts or ideas? (not sure if you have seen a stoma nurse)
Anyway have a great vacation and best wishes for March 17th, will be thinking of you both.
Maria xxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14432 by Gene Beane
Thanks Pat, I did google bathing suits ostomy, I have a hard time finding one that doesn't look like you ordered it from a medical supply company. I did find a band,, like a cumberbun, remember the guys wore them for prom, thats what I am gearing towards, wearing his own suit with a band to cover the upper area,, just not in red satin...(prom wear)!!!! Ginger

16 years 1 month ago #14431 by justme
Ginger I just put ostromie covers in google and came up with several sites, some even with the entire suit.

Have a great trip! you guys deserve it!

just me pat

16 years 1 month ago #14430 by marie
Hi Gene and Ginger,
Just wanted to say have a great trip...can't help you much yet with the swimsuit, etc(my bag is still too new) but Alanna's ideas sound great. Have a wonderful time - you are both an inspiration.
Marie

16 years 1 month ago #14428 by Gene Beane
Thanks Alanna, I will check it out,,otherwise I must get sewing!!!Did I say SEWING???? Ginger

16 years 1 month ago #14427 by Alanna
Hi there again
just to note that weir comfees is based in Ontario and when you look under retailers the drugstores in ontario carry alot of their things, but if you scroll down further you will find a contact for America at the bottom of the retailers list. I notice they have some new stay dry pro pump that is guaranteed to be a totally waterproof vacuum seal for ostomates, it looks kind of interesting and I guess helps if you don't want the pouching system irritated by chlorine etc. It says you can dive with it and swim away to your hearts content and your pouching system will remain 100% dry. It shows in the picture that it is up to the rib cage though which means you wear a shirt but I guess if you had a home pool and wanted to swim every day without soaking your pouching system it might be great, don't know if it meets your needs for a vacation though.
Alanna

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne