Bag people---any ideas on swimming garb, to cover the bag

16 years 1 month ago #14460 by Gene Beane
Thank you Jean,, I will check it out!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14445 by Jmema
Ginger, Just a thought. You might want to try the UOAA (United Ostomy) discussion board. There weren't too many ostomates when I had my surgery a year and a half ago so I would go on that board occasionaly to ask questions about stomas, leakage problems etc. They are a wonderful, helpful, brave bunch and I am sure they would know where you could find what you are looking for.
Enjoy your vacation. I really admire your attitude.
Blessings...Jean

16 years 1 month ago #14442 by Gene Beane
Thanks Leigh and Margot,

I have found a band, about 8 inches high in a material that isn't
so tight, as that prevents the urine from draining properly. I will put it in a new topic for other bag wearers to take advantage. It will just look like he has a weight belt on. Although it hasn't arrived yet so I am hoping it works. Yes previously I told him just pull your bathing suit up way high, of course that LOOK is not going to work. But we both invisioned it,,pretty funny!!!! I re-upped my gym membership, I am trying to get rid of 15 pounds I don't need, I have gone everyday for 5 days,,,it feels good to release myself enough to get back to me.
Anyone is welcome to jump in my bag to go along, 50 pounds per bag nowadays!!!!
Thanks everyone!!!!Ginger

16 years 1 month ago #14441 by harry s
Hi Ginger - I know you'll come up with something before you get to AZ :D My sister-in-law says it is already in the 80's 8) Swimming weather for sure!! Looking forward to meeting you and Gene. We're in countdown mode - so anxious to get away and have a good time! Margot and Harry

16 years 1 month ago #14438 by Leigh
Hello Ginger,

Please excuse me but I had a really good giggle when you said you don't want Gene having a wedgy :)

The band option sounds good to cover any protruding bag rather than pulling up the swimming shorts as high as possible.

Swimming in a t-shirt is an option but I agree Gene would be far more comfortable swimming and sunbathing topless. This is far more comfortable than being dragged back by a wet t-shirt.

I am sure you will come up with a fabulous solution...

Your trip sounds really wonderful and you both will certainly recharge your bateries in the sunny and warm Arizona climate...could you squeeze me in your luggage :D

Best Wishes
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

16 years 1 month ago #14435 by Gene Beane
Thanks Maria, I think I should design custom swim wear for men after an R/C. The problem is where the stoma comes out the top of the bag is higher than the waist, therefore something higher without pulling up your swimsuit having a wedgy...like a cumberbun....Gene's stoma is about 2 inches to the left of his belly button, directly across from it. So theres the issue. I was hoping for a miraculous discovery, I guess I'll have to get intuitive, we see the stoma nurses next week at the 6 months check up, I will see what they say....Ginger

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne