Bad news for me

16 years 4 months ago #11164 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic Bad news for me
Thankyou Zack. I have not talked to Doc since results came back I will see him Monday as planed.I have read all your post, At this point as long as I can still reman as near normal. I will step to the plate and do the RC I will if all is ok do it by tghe divinci / surgen method I am a beliver in this and have done a lot of research on it. I will let you know what Doc says Monday. My concern is they can do it I hope without Cemo. I would realy like to avoid it if possible unless it is in the nodes after the do surgery. Don

Hanging in there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #11161 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Bad news for me
Don--what did your doctor say when you asked him?

Since he's the professional that is not only treating you, but knows your situation better than any of us possibly could, what did he tell you when you asked him these questions?

Zach

Afterthought--all any of us can do is guess, but if I'm reading your post accurately, it sounds like you're now a candidate for an RC. That is certainly not a terminal situation. If you've read any of my posts on this you know that it impacted my life in a very minimal way, especially considering the alternative. This is far too soon to talk about checking out of life's hotel. For one thing, you don't get your security deposit back.
But one thing I can say for certain is it is time to get clarity from your doctor--that's the first and most important step. Believe me, I understand the shock and dismay you're going through, but let's get some perspective from your medical team. I'll be thinking about you today and I hope your doctor has some enlightening--and comforting--words for you.

After Afterthought--Don, I just re-read your first post and I see that you have a meeting with your doctor on Monday. Actually that's a good thing, since it gives you some time to write questions down for him. If you have his email, you might email him with the link to this thread--I know my own doctor responds to email pretty quickly.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 4 months ago #11160 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Bad news for me
Don,

Let's not look down that road just yet. This is why it isn't always good to see your Path before talking to the Doc.

Zach is on line now. Maybe he has an answer or some help.

My Mom is waiting on me, I gotta go.

I'll be back later.

Luvs,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 4 months ago #11159 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic Bad news for me
Sorry I did speel it incorrect, it is per there report METAPLASIA. What do you think Rose am I going to survive, or go for an early checkout of the hotel we call life. Don

Hanging in there!

16 years 4 months ago #11158 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Bad news for me
Don,

Can you clarify something? Is that word "METAPASIA?"

I don't think you should be talking "terminal" yet.

I have to go, but I will be back to check in for replies later.

Hang in there, Bud,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 4 months ago #11157 by skypilot
Bad news for me was created by skypilot
Well as some may know I went into remission if this the correct way to say it. This was about one uear ago. Well oabout 8 weeks ago On my 3rd 3 month check Urine tested positive they did a Turb. There was ared spot that checked out to be negaetive, So Uro has me do an IVP that shows my left kidney is not contrasting with the fluid or the lrft uriter. But right side is great perfect. So in for anther turb last twesday. now i get the path report yesterday, To me it does not look good, But I meet with Doc Monday afternoon. Here is what it says So if anyone knows what all this meens or if any have had this I would be thankful for some insight. By the way I had T1 grade 3 back in feb o6 then 6 BCG then later 4 BCG/interferon that is when the monster was tamed down for while. INVASIVE HIGH GRADE UROTHELIAL CARCINOMA WITH SQUAMMOUS DIFFERENTATION,FOCAL MUSCULLAIS PROPRIA IS PRESENT. ADJACENT KERATINZING SQUAMOUS METAPASIA It sounds to me like I am for SOL if not terminal. I am very concerned over this. I may be past the Rc even helping me. Thansk for your input. I am abig boy and can handle it. If RC will do it I am ready to move forward ASAP Don

Hanging in there!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne