Neo-bladder - now an infection

16 years 5 months ago #11146 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic Neo-bladder - now an infection
Hi- Bob had his surgery on Oct.2 (RC & neobladder). He has been re-admitted 3 times with infection.( I hope my daughter sees this post as she could give you the details of these infections,- suffice to say that they were very serious.)He was released last Thirs. (Nov.22) & is doing great but one of the Dr.'s called on
Wed. to say that he has another infection that they just got the results of. He is on antibiotics again >:( Margot, please take this UTI seriously, it's amazing how fast it can come on- on one occasion Bob was only home 3 hours before his temp. started to climb & his blood pressure drop. It was very scary. You are in our thoughts- Lorrie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #11144 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Neo-bladder - now an infection
Hi Margot,
Sorry you guys are having a rough time of it.

My bc also made it into the fat - no positive nodes. I had 2 bad bouts with c defficile not bladder infections. The first was a mere 3 weeks after the RC/neo. I had a port surgically installed a week later and started chemo 3 days after that. The 2nd bout landed me in the hospital for a few days, but they still gave me the cisplatin and gemzar that week. I guess I wouldn't count on a bladder infection cancelling chemo dates lol. I am not sure the hows and whys they decide that stuff.
God Bless, Holly

16 years 5 months ago #11136 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Neo-bladder - now an infection
Margot,
Boy, not again, I just wanted to say hope he gets along til Monday on the med's. Gene has the outside pouch so can't answer the neo thing. I am sure someone will answer soon though...we will keep you in our prayers...Ginger

16 years 5 months ago #11135 by harry s
Neo-bladder - now an infection was created by harry s
I have a question about neo-bladders and infections. First, you may remember Harry had RC on 10/1 at Stanford but had an extended hospital stay due to very slow bowels and also, a urinary infection that caused chills and extreme shaking which he needed a shot of demoral (sp?) to stop along with antibiotics...)since his release he has been doing really well, walking daily, doing small projects around the house, but still enjoying his afternoon nap!! Last night he didn't sleep well and this morning he had a fever - 102.4 and he had chills and some shaking-but not as bad as in the hospital. I called his local urologist (Stanford is 3 hours away) he was leaving early, but had us come to the office to see the nurse practioner. They drew blood and took a urine sample and she said there was a definite sign of infection in the urine. They'll culture both and they gave him a shot of antibotic and gave him Leviquin samples for the weekend...He still had a fever but it has gone down (100.7) after taking some Tylenol...Has anyone else had a problem with infection with neo-bladders? Things were going so smoothly..we even have an appt with the oncologist on Monday to discuss a course of "precautionalry" chemo he is to start (his pathology report was good no further spread to the lymphs or prostate but since it had gone into the fatty tissue of the bladder the dr. said chemo would be a good idea) but I guess with this infection chemo will be delayed...I know, I sound like a crazy woman...but thanks for listening and if anyone has experienced after surgery infections, please let me know. Thanks. Margot

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne