Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive

12 years 11 months ago #37649 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
HI LILBIT,
I told you Schoenberg was amazing. I don't know where he finds the time to be so compasionate with all the surgeries he does. He's the man who started me on my journey. He was so informative...gave me names of other doctors to also see (Who does that?) He's a fantastic surgeon and one of the most humane doctors i've ever encountered. You are in so good hands :)
pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #37645 by Herb
I am as slow as molasses but you are getting some good support --- I had BGC abd Chemo before RC and had little effects, flet what I discribed as 'fluyy" for 1 day and a half.I had friend who had just chemo 10 years ago and never has RC and has been cancer for 8 years but I ended with RC 9/11/10 and I am fine now and do everything I did before RC with absolutely no problem --- wellmaybe a little problem like did get some infections and then rash but finally beat that too. So b of good cheer or the best cheer you can muster. I have received some great advice from this blog on my journey with cancer. Take Care, Herb†

Age 72 had radical 9/11/10 have conduit everything is fine, grateful to be a cancer survivor. Lost Dad and Brother to Cancer both in their 50's.

12 years 11 months ago #37642 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
AND if we don’t have the answer to a question Mike can get on his magic keyboard and come up with a great web site!!! Relax lilbit. You are in good hands.

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

12 years 11 months ago #37636 by LilBit4
Replied by LilBit4 on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
Thanks Motomike and jimswife....it is definitely a blessing to have such caring people that I can reach out to when feeling so helpless and frightened and to share my journey with.

It is through these posts that has gotten me to the point where I no longer feel "numb", but rather determined to beat this and get on with my life. It reminds me of something I have said to my son, "God gives us obstacles in order to build character". I believe I can say, without a doubt, that all of us here must be overflowing with character! (Perhaps "overflowing" is not the best word!) *lol*

Bless each and everyone of you...I am sure I shall continue with my questions and updates, AND one day I will hopefully be able to offer some help to others.

12 years 11 months ago #37634 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
Hi, so glad you have a good plan in place. I think sometimes once we have the direction we need to be going in place it makes it a bit easier. When we first hear the words, "you have BC" we freeze and just go numb. But, again, so glad you have a great plan in place. Jim had 6 months post op of chemo and as Motomike says it is hard at times but totally doable when you keep your eye on the goal of becoming cancer free! Know that we are all here for you and will support you in every way possible.

12 years 11 months ago #37631 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic Full of Anxiety....Trying to Stay Positive
Lilbit
Yes my chemo also included 2 other things. I did not have radiation. I kept expecting some weird side effects but just lost my beard and hair. Both quickly grew back. I think chemo anxiety has a great deal to do with the effects some experience. You will have a blood test and Dr interview prior to each treatment. This determines the blend that is used. You will do fine. About the only negative I felt was the aroma at a bakery as I was driving home. Usually pleasant but that day it was TOO strong. Just remember the focus is the cancer and getting rid of it. You can certainly deal with a few discomforts, a surgery and recovery to get the cancer out. I don’t think anyone here would say it’s a walk in the park but thousands and thousands have gone before you and done very well. You will do fine. There will be questions from time to time but there is always someone here who has an answer.

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne