\"Flopped\" neobladder

15 years 1 week ago #25349 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic \"Flopped\" neobladder
Hi Silk!
What is the main concern here? Is it the 'flopped' neo or having to cath?
I have had to self cath ever since my op 20 months ago and to be honest find it ok. Maybe my neo flipped over too but I am only grateful it rarely leaks.
Please do not see cathing as a negative issue. (I'll get off my soap box now)! Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss the cathing issue in any more detail.
Betsy Mae

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #25348 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic \"Flopped\" neobladder
Welcome to the dysfunctional neobladders in women club....wonder why the docs haven't figure this out yet and continue to do them in women? Webs and I have been talking to doctors regarding the sling procedure they use on females with incontinence...but this is highly specialized also...and i haven't been able to find one yet that has done the procedure on a neobladder. Usually a GYN does the procedure but even at Cleveland Clinic they have not done it...they did give me one name a Dr. Vasavava..a uro...but have not received any info as yet. I'll let you know.
Pat

15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #25343 by Silk
\"Flopped\" neobladder was created by Silk
I had a neobladder in May of 08. I had a successfull surgery, no complications at all.

After the bladder grew to a normal size, it "flipped" to its side because there are no female organs to hold it in place. As a result I have to cathorize 4 times a day.

Does anyone know of a procedure to correct this problem??

I am seeing the surgeon in June for a Cat scan and bladder scope, but was hopeing someone can give me some advise before I see the surgeon.

Thank you.

Silk

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne