\"Flopped\" neobladder

15 years 1 week ago #25397 by Silk
Replied by Silk on topic \"Flopped\" neobladder
Holly, Pat and Anne,

Thank you all for your valuable information.

I will try your technique this afternoon standing over the L000 but have tried that once and:angry: , I guess I need to just practice.

The surgeon told me to use the 16 fr cath. I cleanse myself, clean the cath in hot soapy water and put into microwave for 15 seconds and then apply KY Jelly Personal Lubricant. I have had no pain, problems, infections, etc. thank God and the surgeon said to use the same one for 2 weeks since I sterilize in microwave 15 second each time. After each use again in soapy water and microwave, and store in a tight container. The entire procedure takes us about 10 minutes and I cath. 4 times a day. I drink a lot of water, at least 5 bottles a day plus green tea, noooo coffee.

I want to thank all who have answered me, I can go to see the surgeon in June with so much more information, thanks to the caring people on this site.

It is a blessing to know "I am not alone with the problem" and I pray someday they will find a way to "attach" a neobladder to something.

Again my sincere thanks to Holly, Pat and Anne, gee I hope I did not forget anyone who has answered, if I did I apologize.

Please keep in touch.
Silk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #25395 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic \"Flopped\" neobladder
Me again!
Pat: Here is a link to the Flocath Quick catheters: www.myrusch.com/frontend/bin/start.htm. I do not get the full kit though (and never realised there was one until I looked at this for you!). Mine come as a box of 30 sealed catheters which if taken apart would look like the picture shown.
The unfilled catheters I used to use were obviously hydrophilically coated too but needed water to be added before use. This was not too easy if out and about and also, since chemo, I felt the prefilled ones would be more sterile. Guess what? - No UTI's since swapping over to the prefilled ones!:woohoo: Or is it just that the chemo kills everything?:unsure:
I assume you have different suppliers in The USA?
Hope this helps.
Anne

15 years 1 week ago #25393 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic \"Flopped\" neobladder
Betsy...forgive my ignorance...but the pre-filled caths...why? Is it a sterile solution like the stuff we Indy's have to irrigate with? Thats a new one on me. I actually quit the irrigation after about 2 yrs...mucus is down to so little that it comes out so easily i just don't do it anymore..unless i do the hot fudge sundae thing!!
Pat

15 years 1 week ago #25389 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic \"Flopped\" neobladder
For what it is worth I cath when necessary which is about every 6 hours depending on fluid intake. I have tried a number of different types but favour Flocath Quick made by Rusch Care and Speedicath Compact made by Coloplast. They are both prefilled with water/lube. Use is as Holly described but I find it easier to squat in a semi standing/sitting position over the loo.
This is just soooo dignified isn't it? But necessary!!
Betsy Mae

15 years 1 week ago #25388 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic \"Flopped\" neobladder
PS LOL

I cath twice a day and I find it easier to sit :)

15 years 1 week ago #25387 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic \"Flopped\" neobladder
Hi again,

I hope I am not too open about this...consider yourselves forewarned I am blunt lol

I use the single packs of surgi lube and 8 inch catheters. Have the packet and the catheter packaging open. Hold the catheter so the end is folded - very important if you do not want to make a huge mess!I dip the tip of the cath heavily into the lube packet. I now have the catheter in one hand while I use the other to "expose" the area by my urethra. In the beginning it was difficult at times to know where I needed to press the catheter, but after awhile it got easier. Personally, I think removing the catheter is the worst. I thow everything away each time.
Hope that helps ya - if you need me to be more graphic - send a pm and I'll gladly reply.
Holly

Hope all are doing well. I have just been busy lately with taxes, kids, and trying to get some energy!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne