Shell Shocked

16 years 9 months ago #6611 by Alice L.
Replied by Alice L. on topic Shell Shocked
Hello teardrop, Nice to have you here, but sorry for the reason why. This is a great place to be for support and answers. I can't express enough in words how it has been a heaven sent to me.

It really sounds as if your doctor is on top of things. It is natural to be worried because cancer is not a nice thing to have to deal with, but as you read the post on here, you will see many, many success stories.

Let your doctor take control, but be sure to always have questions ready and stay on top of your appointments.

This is good reading and might help you understand your feelings better:

blcwebcafe.org/livingwithcancer.asp

It is called, "Living with Cancer and the Fear of Recurrence." Hopefully, this will be of some comfort to you.

Please, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask away.

Keep in touch and best of luck to you.

Alice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #6609 by Nix
Shell Shocked was created by Nix
Hi - This is my first posting. I was diagnoised in Nov with superficial bladder cancer Ta. Treated with 6 weeks BCG. On my second scope, I also had a red area. My doctor did a biopsy to make sure it was caused by BCG and then did the new test called FISH. both were negitive. This is good news, however, I am still concerned. Probably because I am still "shell shocked" with the "cancer" word. I am very uneasy and worried most of the time. Is this normal?

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne