Thoughts on European versus U.S. protocols

16 years 9 months ago #6332 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Thoughts on European versus U.S. protocols

Zach-UGH. Reminds me of when I first got dxed with breast cancer, decided to get some good vitamins, walked into the store and was looking at things...the clerk asked me what I was looking for and when he heard I had cancer I saw his eyes light up and heard the "Ka-ching!", he said with much gusto and a grin, "You have cancer?", so I turned around and left.

Wendy
PS I never did keep taking vitamins. For some reason I'm still here 7+ yrs post dx with 'advanced' breast cancer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #6319 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Thoughts on European versus U.S. protocols
I just googled: miracle juice cures cancer

Mangosteen popped up in the number one position. And Noni was number two. And so on.

Here is a "Miracle II" product testimonial. This is a product that definitely can cure cancer. It says so right there on the internet:
home.earthlink.net/~tpco/miracle_II_testimonials.html

An excerpt:
It’s a simple plan. The cost is negligible, as the Miracle II products replace so many chemical products we no longer use. We are giving our bodies their life back! Our bodies deserve a chance!

Never has this world presented such a hostile environment for human life. Yet, it is here … we live in it … and our children and animals live in it. Our soils are subject to it. And until Miracle II, we only knew how to put things INTO our bodies, but not how to wash them OUT!

Never have we needed something so much! This product was Divinely Given to Clayton Tedeton … only after the soil of his soul was tilled into receptivity. And just as we have read of Miracles given to mankind in centuries gone by … today, we, too, live in an Age of Miracles.

It is so simple. It is so affordable. We must pass the word along … others are waiting. They deserve to know.

God Bless,

Anne DeHart

Another headline on the page selling this amazing miracle cleaner:
Cancer disappears from 80-year-old given up to die by doctors!

And yet another:
An MD tells of his miraculous healing from prostate and colon cancer!

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Not anecdotes. Not testimonials.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 10 months ago #6318 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Thoughts on European versus U.S. protocols

Tim, we're in complete agreement. I take a multi-vitamin every day, and I eat well and make my own juice and we grow our own vegetables. It makes me feel better, and I really do feel great. But if someone told me to buy a certain juice because it cures cancer, I would want to see the facts behind that claim. I'm thinking in particular of Mangosteen, which is sold via multi-level marketing and has some outlandish claims attached.

Read this and you'll be eating nothing but grapes:
www.seniorark.com/my%20mother's%20story.htm

As a matter of fact, I eat a lot of grapes. We grow them. I eat them every day. And have for years. And I'm writing this in a cancer forum. Go figure. Maybe I didn't eat enough.

T3a Grade 4 N+M0

16 years 10 months ago #6315 by timb
I think there's a place for complementary therapy be it diet, supplements or whatever sitting alongside conventional medicine. For me. I reckon that's the responsible position. Anyone in any sphere trading in absoloutes has the whiff bullshit on their breath. I got a hell of a lot out of changing my diet and being more health conscious during my BCG. It didn't change the outcome but it did make me feel fantastic which, in itself, was really really useful and made me feel good at a time when I may have been feeling a lot worse. I'd advocate looking at these things during a crisis and beyond but not at the expense of the mainstream medicine. I know people with cancer who spend £300 a month on vitamins. I don't know whether that's altogether a good idea. I now take a good multivitamin and try to eat well.

16 years 10 months ago #6312 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Thoughts on European versus U.S. protocols
BRAVO!!...(Sorry felt the need to use caps!)

16 years 10 months ago #6306 by Zachary
Actually my thoughts can fit in two sentences.

Protocols and claims don't matter. Verifiable and repeatable results do.

That's it.

I wouldn't care if I had to sit in a tree and chant and drink tea, as long as in a double-blind study it showed that was what got people better than surgery or BCGs.

If the bottom line is that when we measure and define things the same, and if European bottom-line results are better--longer term survival, fewer recurrences, fewer bad side-efects--I would definitely want those European protocols used in this country.

Apples and apples. Like I said in another thread, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Believe me, I want to get better. Better yet, I want to get well. If the protocols of another country or another planet can help, I'm all for it.

But I'd like some proof. I'm 50, and my days of climbing trees are, sadly, over.

Zach

P.S.--I was in our local vitamin store several years ago and a salesgirl came up and asked if she could help me find something. Just for fun, I asked if she had anything that could cure cancer. Believe it or not, she didn't hesitate a second. She led me right to a bunch of bottles of herbs and Chinese-labeled bottles and told me that these definitely could cure cancer. I feel incredibly sad and frustrated at the poor souls who took that route instead of proper treatment.

T3a Grade 4 N+M0

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne