More good news!!

4 months 2 weeks ago #62082 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic More good news!!
Sara Anne,
That is fantastic news!  
Anita & Doug

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #62072 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic More good news!!
Sara Anne, I am glad for the good news! I am out 15.5 years running about 6 months ahead of you!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 months 1 week ago #62071 by sara.anne
More good news!! was created by sara.anne
Just in time for Thanksgiving!!  Received my 15 year "all clear" after a cystoscopy last week.  I can't help but get a bit nervous as my one-year checkup rolls around.  Was diagnosed with papillary and CIS in 2008....had two years of BCG...and have been clear ever since.

Had an interesting talk with my uro.  Up until now they have been doing OK with the BCG shortage, but just had their "allotment" cancelled.  He said that his practice (5 uros) has about 100 patients in various stages of BCG treatment.  NOT HAPPY.

He has been talking to a colleague involved in the GEM/DOC clinical trials who told him that the results are looking very encouraging.  Hope this keeps up.

And about urine cytology.....he does send urine samples for cytology tests (mine was negative!) but doesn't put a lot of faith in them.  He has stopped using the FISH test except in rare circumstances due to the inordinately large number of false results.

Very interesting visit!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne