Had my last BBC treatment in November 2022.

7 months 3 weeks ago #61974 by joea73
Replied by joea73 on topic Had my last BBC treatment in November 2022.
I have never seen such description.   It does not look like pathology report as it does not say grade or stage of the tumor samples.

According to internet, a neoplasm  is an abnormal growth of  tissue that can be benign (noncancerous) or malignant (cancerous), so malignant neoplasm of bladder seems to mean bladder cancer.  Unspecified means  the location or type of the tumor was not specified.

"Malignant neoplasm of bladder, unspecified"  is the description of code C67.9 which is billable code.  ICD-10-CM is international classification of disease.  The US developed a clinical modification (ICD-10CM) for medial diagnoses based upon WHO's ICD-10 and CMS developed a new Procedure Coding System.     See blow the coding system and its description.  The urologist who examined your bladder should know the location of the tumor.  So, I do not know why the location of the tumor was unspecified.  Also, I do not know who prepared the report and gave it to you.   See the link below.

2023 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code C67.9
Malignant neoplasm of bladder, unspecified.

C67  Malignant neoplasm of bladder
   C67.0   Malignant neoplasm of trigone of bladder
   C67.1  Malignant neoplasm of dome of bladder
   C67.2   Malignant neoplasm of lateral wall of bladder
   C67. 3  Malignant neoplasm of anterior wall of bladder
   C67. 4 Malignant neoplasm of posterior wall of bladder
  C67.5 Malignant neoplasm of bladder neck
 C67.6  Malignant neoplasm of ureteric orifice
 C67.7 Malignant neoplasm of urachus
 C67.8  Malignant neoplasm of overlapping sites of bladder
 C67.9 Malignant neoplasm of bladder, unspecified

www.icd10data.com/ICD10CM/Codes/C00-D49/C64-C68/C67-/C67.9
You need to click the square next to the US flag to see 
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcrider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago #61973 by mcrider
After my last BBC treatment, No one said come back just do scope every 3 months. Now I  have been assessed with Malignant neoplasm of bladder, part unspecified. I have  no clue what this means. I am going for BBC treatment today and hope I can find out. Any comments or knowledge about this  will be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne