Cystoscope postponed

10 months 2 weeks ago #61850 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Cystoscope postponed
Gangof4,

Welcome. Waiting another month should not be a problem. Most of us are actually scheduled 6-8 weeks after the last treatment, be it BCG or Gemcitabine and Docetaxel. The bladder has been irritated so a few more weeks won't or shouldn't make any difference by letting it heal. Just make sure to do follow up in a month. There have been many threads about your newer cocktail (Gemcitabine and Docetaxel) and it appears to be all positive. Especially with the continued shortage of BCG. Please let us know how you are doing as everyone learns from each other.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 months 2 weeks ago #61849 by gangof4
Cystoscope postponed was created by gangof4
 I was dx'd in January with bladder cancer and promptly scrapped twice the next month. I have high grade, non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (Hg, Ta>3 cm).  I received Gemcitabine and Docetaxel once a week intravesically fox six weeks and was scheduled to be scoped again after a month following the last treatment.  However, my cystoscopy appointment was rescheduled at the last moment and I will have to wait another month (total two months since last chemo treatment) before I can be scoped.  Does anyone think that might be a problem or is it nothing to worry about?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne