× click the New Topic button to post

Delayed side effects with Mitomycin

5 months 2 weeks ago #57721 by HTXfire
So you can have both papillary urethral carcinoma & flat carcinomas CIS or SITU. Is that common? I’ll be sure and update my path report results here. Thanks for the reply Alan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 2 weeks ago #57717 by Alan
HTXfire,

Welcome. I just wanted to acknowledge your post has been seen. I have not read about anyone with a 2 month delay on reaction to any of the usual agents be it BCG or mitomycin or others. I say this risking not to give you anymore concern than you already have, this could be a severe reaction of some sort or CIS which is a flat like rash which is cancer. The pathology report should give some closure on this. Please keep us posted as well all learn from each other.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 months 2 weeks ago #57715 by HTXfire
Hello, two months ago I had a 1cm tumor removed during TURBT. I received an immediate Mitomycin dose after the procedure and woke up with the drug inside a catheter. Once I was home I bled and had painful urination for about one week and was back to 100%. I went on about my normal life and out of no where intense/constant penile pain (I assume from clots that were stuck) bleeding, and painful urination, as well as passing clots. I went to the ER twice over 3 days. CT scan showed a new 2cm tumor, urologist without scoping me scheduled another TURBT. Once inside he doesn’t see a tumor, but only severe inflammation of my bladder. I believe what the ER doctor was viewing was a large clot. So, now I’m home recovering from a second TURBT, doctor biopsied a few patches and I’m awaiting path report. My question is whether or not anyone has experienced a delayed ( 2mo in my case) reaction of inflammation in the bladder, painful urination, and clots forming from a single dose of Mitomycin? If not, how did you handle Mitomycin? I saw pictures from my TURBT and my bladder looks angry.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 2 Users and 1545 Guests 
Regor's AvatarRegor, SIXFTSEVEN's AvatarSIXFTSEVEN

Legend: Site Administrator Global Moderator User Banned

Statistics

Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 0 Latest User: SchrockmonsterJr
Yesterday Total Opened: 0 Yesterday Total Answered: 0