Urethral Pain w / Bladder cancer

10 years 1 month ago #46074 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Urethral Pain w / Bladder cancer
Raider, I am a golfer also. With BCG I had increased sensitivity and pain for a day or so after it while urinating. Also, when it gets hot while playing I try and drink a lot of water but, sometimes I still get de-hydrated and I can get very mild pain.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #46073 by raider
Urethral Pain w / Bladder cancer was created by raider
I was recently diagnosed with CIS and have started BCG treatment. I've had urgency & frequency issues for 4 years and they've gotten worse up to this diagnosis. About a year ago I started to get pain in the urethra while urinating but it only happened while golfing. Then it started to happen maybe once a month for a short period of time, maybe a day or two. Back in June of last year I really started to get a lot of pain while golfing and in about October I had to walk off the golf course due to severe urethral pain. I now have pain weekly mostly when urinating, sitting also cause these painful symptoms.

My urologist doesn’t think the pain is caused by the bladder, that’s why it took so long to be diagnosed. I’ve always been treated for OAB and then recently he thought the pain was caused by a pudendal nerve entrapment. If I didn’t request the cystoscopy we would be trying to treat the so called pudendal nerve issue. I think my pain in the urethra is being caused by my angry bladder and that while sitting the pelvic floor must be pushing into my sensitive bladder causing the pain. When golfing or working out I think that the twisting and turning and muscle contractions and irritating the bladder causing pain.

Has anyone had these same issues? Obviously my pain has increased with the BCG treatment and going into my 2nd treatment I’m worried that this will get really bad by #6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne