Re-occurrence

14 years 8 months ago #27599 by cljjlk
Replied by cljjlk on topic Re-occurrence
Hey Guy,

That is the great thing about this site; you can always find support and information to squelch the uncertainty or fears. I’m going through the same thing as you with the re-occurrence. IT IS A MENTAL BUMMER. Hang in there.

Chuck :ohmy:

dx - Aug 2005
Five reoccurences (last 12/09 Ta high grade)
BCG Started 10/09 (2 6wk treatment)
BCG Maintenance started 4/10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #27559 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic Re-occurrence
Chuck--
I'm very glad to hear your recurrence is still TaG1, and wish you best of luck with the BCG. My uro started me on BCG after my first recurrence, which was two years after the initial small tumor (like you, TaG1). I've completed the first year, and so far I've weathered it well; am now at 3-weekly maintenance treatments at 6-month intervals, next one scheduled for October. I've always tried to have my BCG instillations done on Friday mornings, since I have to stay home from work because of the toilet disinfecting protocol, and that way if I do have side-effects I'd have the weekend to recuperate. Remember to drink a lot of water starting toward the end of the "holding" period, and drink lots thereafter.

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

14 years 8 months ago #27558 by lhpdogs
Replied by lhpdogs on topic Re-occurrence
Whew, just got my biopsy results... two spots of TaG1 again, no progression. Now i get to experience my first treatments with BCG, starting on Oct. 2nd. I''m sure I'll be back here for moral support at that time..:P

TaG1 12/05
3 recurrences
BCG started 9/09

14 years 8 months ago #27543 by cljjlk
Replied by cljjlk on topic Re-occurrence
I have nothing to complain about after reading your note. I had my TURBT on Tues and of course won't know anything about the biopsy until next weeek (uughh). I agree that this site is good to express your feeling and fears amoung those that have gone or going through similar experiences.

dx - Aug 2005
Five reoccurences (last 12/09 Ta high grade)
BCG Started 10/09 (2 6wk treatment)
BCG Maintenance started 4/10

14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #27487 by rabyrd
Replied by rabyrd on topic Re-occurrence
The recurrence thing is really a mental bummer. I just had my 6th cysto in the last 12 months, and even though it has only been 8 weeks since the last TURB - 3 new tumors. So back to the TURB, Mitomycin and BCG.

At least we can come here and commiserate with each other.

I am thankful that I am still Ta - high aggressive - but not invasive.

14 years 8 months ago #27477 by alsimons
Replied by alsimons on topic Re-occurrence
Hey Chuck

Know how you feel. Just had the cath removed this morning from my 5th TURB last Tuesday. Those bumps in the road felt like mountains. Thought by now I’d be getting used to the process. Will get the path report on Friday and schedule the RC in a couple of months. Hang in there and it indeed great to have others out there to talk with.

Will be thinking of you.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne