Oncovite?

16 years 2 months ago #13417 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Oncovite?
Hi Gabriel....most doctors use the serum Bl2 test but that really doesn't give you an accurate reading in the tissues....The uMMA test which is a urine test for Methylmalonic Acid gives a true reading.....Mayo's uses it as their gold standard...as do others.....unfortunately a lot of doctors do not know about it including urologists. An elevated level of Methylmalonic acid will indicate a B l2 deficiency. Bl2 deficiency is present in about 20% of the elderly.
And lord knows how many of us who have cystectomies are affected as the only place to metabolise Bl2 is in the ileum which is used for the reconstruction of internal pouches.
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13413 by gabriel21
Replied by gabriel21 on topic Oncovite?
Hi Pat

Could you please explain "gold standard being the quantatative uMMA test".

Thanks. (I'm ESOL)

Gabriel

My father is a male, 65, nonsmoker. Hematuria 01/08 TURB: T1 G3 widespread bladder+prostatic urethra; 3-month BCG.
Clean until 02/11: small TURB with no biopsy; 06/11 tumour detected TURB 08/11: awaiting biopsy, prostatic adenoma removed. Biopsies show both were benign. (...)

16 years 2 months ago #13412 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Oncovite?
At his age he's lucky if he's still metabolizing a lot of the B's.......how wierd. Has your doctor done a test for Bl2 deficiency...gold standard being the quantatative uMMA test.
I personally think its waaay to much Vitamin A....but hey i'm just a pharmacist

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Tablet
Servings Per Container:

Amount per Serving % Daily Value

Vitamin A 9000 IU 180

Vitamin C 500 mg 833

Vitamin D D3 400 IU 100

Vitamin E 100 IU 333

Thiamin (B1) 0.34 mg 23

Riboflavin (B2) 0.5 mg 29

Niacin (B3) 5 mg 25

Vitamin B6 25 mg 1250

Folate,Folic Acid,Folacin 0.4 mcg 100

Vitamin B12 1.6 mcg 25

Pantothenic acid 2.3 mg 23

Zinc 7.5 mg 50

* Daily Value not established

16 years 2 months ago #13409 by gabriel21
Replied by gabriel21 on topic Oncovite?
My father starts BCG on Monday for T1 G3.

His doctor says the Oncovite supplement would be good for him, but only if taking the B vitamins out. He claims that Bs make both good and bad cells stronger.

What do you guys think about this?

My father is a male, 65, nonsmoker. Hematuria 01/08 TURB: T1 G3 widespread bladder+prostatic urethra; 3-month BCG.
Clean until 02/11: small TURB with no biopsy; 06/11 tumour detected TURB 08/11: awaiting biopsy, prostatic adenoma removed. Biopsies show both were benign. (...)

16 years 3 months ago #12868 by Gracie
Replied by Gracie on topic Oncovite?
Hi Chris -

I'm interested in knowing why you are so harsh in your assessment.

I'm not taking oncovite at the moment but considering it. Dr. O'Donnell in Iowa also suggested I take them. I just have always been leary of anything in pill form.

If you knew Dr. Lamm - you would see what a genuine person he is. He is not money motivated at all. He has helped me and not asked for money but asked only that I make a donation to BCAN and the like. He truly wants to beat this damn thing. His office lacks the glitz of some of the better funded university doctor's offices. He is in my opinion - one of a few doctors that AREN'T motivated by money.

Just my $.02.

Best,
Gracie

16 years 3 months ago #12856 by timb
Replied by timb on topic Oncovite?
don't hold back Chris.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne