Side effects from BCG treatment

16 years 4 months ago #11397 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Side effects from BCG treatment
Rabbit,

Good question from what I have read there is no correlation between side affect and effectiveness of BCG treatment. But with most things if we look hard enough I am sure we could find a study that says it does. It is natural I am sure and I did the same, to feel if you are having a reaction it must be working better. But as I said I am told there is no link at this time.
It is interesting that he had a reaction to the first and not this one. But I am sure if you ask his Urologist he would tell you not to look a gift horse in the mouth. Lets hope that he has a mild time of it for the rest of his course of therapy. I did find that personally I had a variety of reactions to BCG sometimes more side effects and less for the next.
I am sure that others will chime in on this but I didn’t want you to think no one was out there. Hope it helps.
Chin up and straight forward

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #11391 by rabbit
Side effects from BCG treatment was created by rabbit
Hello, I have a quetion regarding the BCG treatment. My father has had 4 BCG instillations. During the first three instillations, he had experienecd moderate to severe side effects including chills, fever, joint pain etc. But for the last treatment he did not have much discomfort. Has anyone had similar experience? Does the presence or severity of side effects correlate with the effectiveness of the medication?

Thanks!

Rabbit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne