Oncology Visit and Bone Scan! Bladder Cancer really PISSES me off! Literally!

16 years 9 months ago #7020 by momof4
Well here goes. My husband had his oncology visit on the 26th. It was decided that he would begin Chemo on the 9th. He went in for the Bone Scan today. Was injected at 8:00 am, and then waited a few hours for the actual scan. He was sore when he got out because the strap you down. He was feeling tired and had a metalic taste in his mouth, but other than that it was uneventful. He left, turned off the phone and had a nap. At about 4:30 the Dr.'s assistant called my cell to say that they had preliminary results in. I said (hopefully): "Oh it was nice of you to call to tell me you didn't find anything". No such luck. She gave me the news, but since I was driving and I would have to repeat the information to my husband I asked her to email what she said. Here it is verbatim:

"We have the preliminary bone scan results. There are some suspicious areas in the right humeral head, manubrium, right 10th rib and left 10th rib, left sacroiliac joint, sacrum and left ischium. We will need to obtain x-rays of the pelvis and right upper arm this week. There are also degenerative changes noted in several areas."

UGGGHHHH! BLADDER CANCER REALLY PISSES ME OFF!

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne