Diagnosis of  Metastatic Bladder Cancer

17 years 1 month ago #4346 by ginag
Hi Kim, has your husband had any chemotherapy or anything else. My father started with bladder cancer in april 06 and started receiving chemo and then they discovered he had it in his lungs too. The tumors were shirnking successfully and then they said we only had little time and they decided for a pelvic excenteration sadly they found it in his liver so they closed him up that was in october he passed on december.. So I would check for a second opinion to check latest treatments to make it less painful, I was just like you looking for a miracle remedy unfortunately there is none, I pray you do find one .. I didnt. Ask your doctors for avastin it is usually treated for colorectal cancer but it has showed that tumors with metastatic bladder cancer(in lungs) have showed improvement (MD ANDERSON HOUSTON). I pray for all of you,
Best Regards,
Gina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #4127 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Diagnosis of  Metastatic Bladder Cancer
It's an excruciating but true fact of life that sometimes we *are* at the end of the road. We'll all be there in time, and, sadly, some of us exit before our time.

Sometimes there is no cure--surgical, herbal, crystal, or otherwise. And in our desperation for one, we can fall victim to those who would seduce us with vague promises, false hope, and "get well quick" schemes. I know we can get in the frame of mind where it seems logical, and "what can it hurt?", and "western medicine is worthless--chinese medicine is ancient and wonderful." Just for fun, I asked a health-food store clerk if she had anything that cured cancer. Absolutely she did--bottles and bottles of herbs and vitamins. She said this with a straight face. Cancer, she explained, was simply caused by toxins and a bad acid/alkali polarity balance that she could easily treat.

These are the people who prey on our desperation. I myself have had a double cappuccino every day since my surgery and so far I'm tumor-free. Please, though, do not rush to Starbucks.

I love my wife and family, and I'll miss them very much if I'm taken sooner than I'd like, but I've made it very clear no "grape cures," no laetrile, no sleeping under pyramids, no coffee enemas--no desperate measures.

I hope your husband makes a full recovery. But if not, I hope what time he has remaining is happy, pain-free, and surrounded by those who love him.

And as Wendy suggests, get a second and third opinion.

Zach

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

17 years 2 months ago #4118 by wendy

I wonder, has your husband had any chemo or surgery till now? there are many drugs that work for advanced bladder cancer, both first line and second line treatments that can hopefully slow it down and/'or control symptoms.

Perhaps your husband would benefit from another opinion. There are options out there, the doctor should be offering suggestions.

All the best,
Wendy

17 years 2 months ago #4115 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic Diagnosis of  Metastatic Bladder Cancer
 Have a look at this product I take it 2 rime a day. By the way I have not had any tumers since 2 months after I started it. I also reccomend to see a herbalistic Docter asap. If nothing else you are trying something. Also Cancer centers of america has helped a friend of mine live longer than anyone said he would. With a diferant type of cancer. They use diet and conventional meds. Site  for the teahttp://www.remedies.net   Don Skypilot

Hanging in there!

17 years 2 months ago #4114 by timb
Have moved this for you Kim so that it gets it's own thread in the forum and, hopefully, some input from the fine folk here

best wishes

Tim

17 years 2 months ago #4113 by KIM_JOHNSON
MY HUSBAND HAS BLADDER CANCER THAT HAS MOVED TO THE LUNGS AND LYMPH NODES, AFTER MARCH 21, 07 HIS DOCTOR SAID THERE WILL NOT BE MUCH MORE THEY CAN DO. I HAVE CONTACTED THE ACS TO TRY ANY CLINICAL TRIALS THEY HAVE GOING. CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND ANY HERBAL MEDICINE OR SOME KIND OF NEW TREATMENT.

THANKS,
KIM JOHNSON

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne