Living with stage IV

14 years 8 months ago #27512 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Living with stage IV
Leigh,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you are at the two year mark and still going strong. You have been an inspiration to me ever since my first diagnosis and I just want you to know that I really appreciated and found hope in your posts.

Congrats on the two year mark! I am looking forward to your 5 year all-clear!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...
The topic has been locked.
14 years 8 months ago #27511 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Living with stage IV
Thanks Leigh. For those of us following behind you, anniversarywise, your latest post was an inspiration to us all.

I wasn't around for your blast of posts 2 years ago but from the response you are getting here, you were an inspiration to a number of people.

Right now, there are a number of questions about life expectance on this site. All of us have this question on our minds. The doctors never say "cured" so we are always looking for success stories to hold on to. Thanks for checking back in and giving us an update. It seems as though we are hoping people have just gone back to their lives after a while and dropped from the site. We are all looking for inspiration and you are now our shining star. Keep up the good work!

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]
14 years 8 months ago #27510 by Mona
Replied by Mona on topic Living with stage IV
Congratulations Leigh, this is wonderful news. I remember how hard you fought to get the treatment. You deserve a celebration!
All the best, Mona
14 years 8 months ago #27509 by bobmac2
Replied by bobmac2 on topic Living with stage IV
I'm so glad things are going so well for you- you have been such a comfort to many here- I wish you continued good health
Lorrie
14 years 8 months ago #27507 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Living with stage IV
Hi Leigh, I am so glad to hear how you are doing! Everytime I get on here I think about you and wonder how you are doing. Reading your story two years ago helped me to put what I was going thru in perspective.
I am so glad your neo is working so well for you and your life is moving on. love and blessings from Rocky
14 years 8 months ago #27505 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic Living with stage IV
Leigh,

When I first started looking around the Web Cafe and Acor I found this story. It was being told by a young man and it was his journey with BLC. As I read the threads I became more and more concerned about him. Then the stories ended and I dreaded the worst. When I finally found this web site there was a pleasant surprise. That young man was alive and kicking. He was still inspiring me with his thoughtful responses, kind words, and perserverance. (man did I spell that wrong):silly:

I am so glad that you fought their estimates and made them treat you as an individual. You were not just a statistic on the page and you make us all proud to know you. Congratulations about this wonderful news. Here is a ((HUG)) to use the next time test time rolls around again.

Webs((Hugs))
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne