Living with stage IV

14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #28234 by Sled Ed
Replied by Sled Ed on topic Living with stage IV
Hi Leigh..My name is Ed and this is my first post.I guess you can say I've been a "lurker" on various sites jsince april/09 when my world changed and was diagnosed with BLC. I have since had 3 turbts..one 6 weeker of BCG and sit here terrified with a T1-G3. Although I am absolutely humbled by what I have read on this site it doesn't stop me from being quite concerned. I have read many of your previous posts and feel for your tender situation. I sure hope that you can continue on with your easy to read info.
The first post that I remember reading about the neobladder was yours. My Surgeon in Toronto,Ontario whom I totally trust is sending me off to Sunnybrook hospital for a second opinion. That apointment is tomorrow oct/23 and as hard as it is I'm preparing myself for what I'm expecting will be a recommendation for a RC. I guess the reason I chose your post to reply to is the fact that your choice was a neobladder and have been inspired with your comments about how well you seem to be handling it all.
Thank you for writing! My thanks for this site does certainly not limit itself to you only but as well as all the people who have helped you.
I'm a very happy positive man with lots to live for and have a funny feeling this site will end up being a very important aspect of my "happy" life. I will end this post with a very simple but large thank you and to all those like you...wish me luck. Ed
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
14 years 8 months ago #27545 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Living with stage IV
Dear Forum,

I really appreciate all your kind words of support.

Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum
14 years 8 months ago #27526 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Living with stage IV
GO Leigh!!!....:woohoo: :woohoo:
Pat
14 years 8 months ago #27516 by SandyMc
Replied by SandyMc on topic Living with stage IV
YAY, Leigh!! I have followed you from the beginning (my RC was one month after yours with much the same dianosis and chemo schedule). I can't tell you how happy I am that all is well and the odds are getting better every day! You have always offered wonderful support to all who come here.....

Continue to take good care!
Sandy
14 years 8 months ago #27514 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Living with stage IV
Leigh,

What awesome news to share with us!!! Congrats! and thanks for showing once again that stats aren't all they are chalked up to be. You are a wonderful example for us all. I recall wondering earlier on if you would be OK and you have surprised me and I'm sure others with your ability to fight off the enemy, always maintaining an optimistic outlook, encouraging others and being the best you can be. Keep it up!!

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright
14 years 8 months ago #27513 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic Living with stage IV
I often read your posts and congrats to your 2 year mark. Keep up with the positive vibes.

Joey
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne