Questions

15 years 1 week ago #25350 by ang0623
Replied by ang0623 on topic Questions
She was treated for bladder infections for a couple of months and told she had bladder stones which were actually tumors which were removed but she's afraid to be checked again by the urologist because she thinks it will make the cancer spread. It's not in any of her other organs, isn't it possible to shrink the cancer enough to where the bladder can be removed? This is so overwhelming. I did find a group of doctors that I think I'm going to switch her to because we're not comfortable with this doctor. God bless all of you who have this! I can't imagine what you must be going through, it's so hard just caring for someone with bladder cancer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #25342 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Questions
Kieley.....you MIL is already Stage 4 ..its already spread outside her bladder. Has she ever had a TURB? Or did she just ignore the signs ?
She should be with an oncologist that understands the protocol for bladder cancer and to determine if there is anything out there chemo wise that may shrink the tumors. There's not a heck of a lot they can do once it gets in the bones other than palliative care. But maybe a top Cancer Hospital like Memorial Sloan has something new happening........they will get it first.
Pat

15 years 1 week ago #25341 by cathylsnyder
Replied by cathylsnyder on topic Questions
My husband is personally with a doctor who specializes in bladder cancers. The doctor should refer you to someone if they feel it isnt their expertise.
Also your MIL should discuss her fears with the doctor and let the doctor relay that her fears are false.
HTH

15 years 1 week ago #25340 by ang0623
Questions was created by ang0623
Should my mother in law switch from her current oncologist who specializes in leaukemia and anemia (hematology) to an uro-oncologist? also, I'm concerned because she cancelled her appt with the urologist because she's afraid if he goes inside her to check for tumors he'll spread the cancer????? It doesn't make sense to me and I think she came up with it on her own but thought I'd ask for opinions. Thanks!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne